Franchised Sr Group Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001UUQ
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Houston Downtown, Houston, Texas VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Sr. Group Sales Manager is responsible for the development of the group market segment and solicitation of new group clients and accounts while maintaining existing relationships. The Sr. Group Sales Manager must consistently strive to maximize revenue and promote relationships through effective negotiation of guest rooms, meeting space and food and beverage. All hotel operations must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy. The Group Sales Manager must ensure maximization of profitability yielding the highest RevPAR possible. The Sr. Group Sales Manager must ensure that our associates, co-workers and our customers are treated with the utmost respect at all times since they are the key to our success.
This position is also responsible for co-leading and managing the Group Sales Managers as well as leading the sales team. Prior leadership/management experience is preferred.
Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Foster the Pearl culture
- Passion and commitment to the business at an ownership level
- Oversee clients to inspire the guest’s loyalty
- Participate in community and industry organizations representing the hotel
- Manage guest relations
- Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as Pearl standards and procedures
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Increase hotel revenue by conducting specified weekly sales calls and ensure goal compliance
- Must fully document each sales call
- Fully network and saturate new hotel contacts as well as existing clients
- Sell function space to maximize revenue potential
- Achieve monthly room night goals
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader to co-lead the Group Sales team and Sales Managers
- Ability to drive success and mentor other sales managers for excellence in meeting/exceeding revenue goals
- Participate in Pearl required daily and weekly meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Always deliver your highest performance
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Must assist in creation of annual Marketing Plan and ensure compliance of implementation
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Must maintain a safe working environment through ongoing compliance of safety guidelines
- Treat guests, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Ensure understanding and compliance of all emergency procedures
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Capitalize on utilizing brand promotions, marketing, sales programs and resources
- Utilize cross-selling, joint marketing initiatives and other brand synergies
- Ensure compliance of strategies for rate, date and space commitments for group room sales
- Develop and maintain strategic and tactical plans to maintain current base and increase hotel’s share
- Direct efforts to improve market penetration
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the associates
This company is an equal opportunity employer.