Dir-Event Planning & Ops
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001T5D
Job Category Event Management
Location JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, Atlanta, Georgia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Manages event management functions and staff on a daily basis, including the departments of Event Planning, Banquets/Catering, Event Service and Event Technology (Destination Management, if applicable). Position has overall responsibility for executing all property events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering a high level of service. Ensures team maximizes revenue opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting (catering and group rooms) all events. The position is responsible for achieving guest and employee satisfaction and for managing the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Planning Operations
• Leads execution of activities to support the Event Management strategy.
• Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and event complexity in order to avoid potential service challenges and failures.
• Ensures the property is apprised of all groups that will impact property operations.
• Ensures meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
• Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Leads the catering menu development process.
• Works with culinary team to ensure compliance to food handling and sanitation standards.
• Oversees turned opportunities’ function space and group room blocks.
• Maintains inventories to maximize customer satisfaction and revenue opportunities.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Reviews property specific event operations annually and makes appropriate adjustments.
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
• Works directly with high profile and high revenue groups to ensure an excellent customer experience for all customers.
Leading Discipline and Department Teams
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Communicates vision for service delivery in Event Management to ensure guest is serviced from arrival to departure (e.g., greeting from maitre’d or event services team, food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, invitation to return).
• Assigns all events turned over to Event Planning team (if no DEP).
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Champions all standards, policies and procedures (PPM, Core Deliverables, SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
Managing the Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of event operations (e.g., Banquet Event Order meetings, pre-event briefings and staff meetings).
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.