Kid's Club Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001S9M
Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Location The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort, Maldives, Maldives VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Personally contribute to the youth program's team goal of providing fun, educational and caring services to the children of members and guests, in a warm and welcoming environment. Build rapport with and take a genuine interest in all children and parents utilizing the club's child activity services. Supervise on-floor operations and staff during shift. Act as a roving attendant at various child activity stations when needed. Offer a full, varied, innovative, and targeted calendar of activities and events for boys and girls who visit. Maintain the facility and equipment/supplies to company standards for cleanliness and safety. Creative in organize special projects, events, specialty classes and party planning for the youth program. Participate in everyday activities such as organizing arts and crafts time, leading games, reading stories and singing songs. Promote the club's youth programs and activities. Assist parents in program registration and discuss any behavioral issues of child. To help keep facilities and equipment clean, neat and well maintained. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the kids club operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Child Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Recreation Operations
• Supervises and manages employees. Supports day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Monitors quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensures workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Manages the children's program (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
• Manages group activities including sand painting, bon fires, and team building events.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, provides guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
• Coordinates training activities for employees in department.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.