Assistant Manager-Housekeeping (NE)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001S0E
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Marriott Marquis Chicago, Chicago, Illinois VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Entry level management position that assists in supporting the day-to-day activities in Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and Laundry, if applicable. Position works with employees to clean and maintain guestrooms and public space. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Assists in all lost and found procedures.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guest room maintenance needs.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Assists in supervising an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Assists in managing linen inventory and guest supplies and assists in the ordering of supplies as necessary.
• Assist in supervising Housekeeping and all related areas in the absence of the Director of Services or Housekeeping Manager.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.