Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001RJD
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott Parq Vancouver, Vancouver, British Columbia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Entry level management position that focuses on supporting the day-to-day activities in Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and Laundry, if applicable. Position directs and works with employees to clean and maintain guestrooms and public space. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Ensures knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations are up to date.
• Oversees all lost and found procedures.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guest room maintenance needs.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Supervises daily shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Assists in supervising an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Manages linen inventory and guest supplies and assists in the ordering of supplies as necessary.
• Supervises Housekeeping and all related areas in the absence of the Director of Services or Housekeeping Manager.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Supports training initiatives for all current and new employees.
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
• Communicates performance expectations to Housekeeping employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
• Coaches, counsels and encourages employees.
• Manages payroll administration.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
• Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Participates as needed in the interviewing and hiring of Housekeeping employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Handles employee progressive disciplinary procedures as required.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
• Supervises the Housekeeping shifts including "breaking out the house."
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
Notification to Applicants: JW Marriott Parq Vancouver takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.