Restaurant General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001PYY
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
EMBRACE YOUR CURIOSITY AND CREATIVITY
We look for people, like you, who love to create memorable experiences shared around food and drink. Your authentic style and passion for community reflects in all that you do. We encourage you to lead with creativity because, (concept name) is a place where we desire to make a powerful, memorable connection with guests through the art of dining and drinking.
At Marriott International, we believe our people are the foundation of the organization and together with your entrepreneurial spirit we can create a memorable restaurant. As part of this foundation, you will manage a concept and leave your mark on every guest experience. You’ll work closely with a team of inspiring professionals and partner with culinary leadership to position(concept name)to both hotel guests and patrons from the local community, driving topline and customer growth.
YOUR MARRIOTT JOURNEY
As a global hospitality leader, we have the infrastructure to support you in your career and your life. Our comprehensive rewards programs will provide benefits for your lifestyle now and in the future. You’ll receive a competitive base salary enhanced by a performance-based quarterly bonus that will recognize you for executing a successful and relevant concept.
Let’s not forget that you, your family, and friends will have the opportunity to travel the world through our considerable discounts on hotel rooms and travel perks. We passionately encourage and support opportunities for mentorship, learning, and development. Our collection of F&B concepts in the world’s largest portfolio of hotel brands and properties offers meaningful and diverse career growth opportunities.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS:
- Take ownership of all aspects of the operation
- Display an entrepreneurial approach to building a business, specifically driving revenue and relevance
- Adapt and flex with new consumers and business needs
- Improve overall guest satisfaction based on guest qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Set expectations and parameters of quality guest service
CREATIVE AND INSPIRES OTHERS
- Build experiences that locals want to share
- Foster forward-looking innovation and stellar execution
- Deliver compelling experiences again and again
- Stay on trend with F&B concepts
A NATURAL LEADER
- Inspire and collaborate with others
- Lead by closely partnering with beverage and culinary teams
- Display leadership in guest hospitality, providing excellent customer service
- Embody global perspective and curiosity or experience
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Understand financial opportunities by surveying restaurant demand.
- Consult with key individuals in the local community to assess opportunities while identifying and analyzing competitors.
- Control purchases and inventory, negotiate prices and contracts, develop preferred supplier lists, review and evaluate usage reports and take corrective action as necessary.
- Apply sound revenue management strategies to secure the right level of business at the most optimal time to yield maximum revenues.
- Oversee the restaurant marketing plan in partnership with either the Hotel General Manager/ Manager or Director of Operations and Hotel/Brand Marketing teams including Restaurant Chef, if applicable.
- Support on-site/off-site public relations opportunities to promote the restaurant.
- Create and execute against the restaurant-related social media posts and public event communications, monitor social media activity, respond to comments, analyze posts/trends, and correct deficiencies.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for restaurant events.
- Coordinate and book entertainment and events.
- Display leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empower employees to provide unrivaled guest service.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels and respond effectively to guest problems and complaints.
- Manage service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., greeting, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment and invitation to return).
- Manage day-to-day operations so that customer expectations of quality and standards are meet on a daily basis.
- Oversee the financial aspects of the department including purchasing and payment of invoices.
- Uphold uncompromising standards of cleanliness throughout the restaurant and bar.
- Conduct daily “taste panels” to educate, drive sales, and create sales goals.
- Monitor that ambiance/atmosphere (e.g., lighting, music, table-top, etc.) is appropriate for restaurant concept, positioning, time of day, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and adherence to liquor control policies and procedures.
- Assist servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
- Activate specific brand strategies geared toward the guest experience.
- Actively participate in the hiring process to identify the right talent to support the outlet’s concept.
- Thoughtfully engage your direct reports through the performance appraisal process.
- Provide the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Manage staffing levels to meet guest service standards, operational needs and financial objectives.
- Ensure a high-engagement team and collaborative, collegial culture by supporting an open-door environment.
- Guide the growth and development of your team to support both business objectives and personal career progression of those you manage.
- Demonstrate honesty/integrity and models appropriate behaviors by leading by example and serving as a role model.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry, attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and/or benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.