Franchised Housekeeping Manager
Park City, Utah
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001HC5
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Marriott's MountainSide, Park City, Utah VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online : https://careers.marriottvacationsworldwide.com/en-US/job/housekeeping-manager/J3P6G96FVC5ZGTMLDBS
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Marriott Ownership Resorts Inc. .The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others- vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Relocation Assistance Available
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with employees to ensure property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
- Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Understands the impact of department-s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same with them.
- Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an --open door-- policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns
- .Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints
- .Strives to improve service performance.Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.