Franchised Catering Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001HAK
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, Savannah, Georgia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.kesslercareers.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The overall objective and purpose of the Catering Sales Manager is to oversee the operation of the catering department. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating the activities of the conference personnel and room reservations team to make arrangements for group meetings, conferences and social events.Â They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the banquet department in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a liaison between the sales/catering and operations department of the hotel to ensure a successful event for the clients and all of the clientâ€™s needs are met and communicated accurately and efficiently to all departments of the hotel.
- Work closely with each groups meeting planner regarding groups menu planning, agenda setting, hotel meeting services, hospitality amenities and special VIP request.
- Obtain all rooming lists, monitor rooming list cut off dates, and obtain all menu details, meeting room setups, refreshment break needs, postings, and any other additional needs of the client to ensure a successful event at the property.
- Communicate and enforce contractual agreements pertaining to meeting space, food and beverage, and special concessions.Â The Conference Services Manager will be responsible for the compilation of all cancellation/attrition charges of their groups.
- Responsible for the review of all bills that are sent to the client. In reviewing bills, they should be accurate and timely in order to maximize return business.Â Responsible for the follow up to make sure any meeting reward point has been posted.
- Create detailed event orders to meet the specifications of both the client and Hotel.
- Assist in development, design, and implementation of custom menus.
- Maintain proper documentation of events, changes and special requests with updated Event Orders, group resumes and rooming lists.Â Provide accurate and concise information to all departments.
- Communicate event details to Hotel operations staff, including food and beverage needs, audio visual requirements, function room set-up, billing, recreation, activities, dÃ©cor, and etc.
- Organize and conduct site visits, pre-planning visits, pre-con and post-con meetings.
- Effectively up-sell products and services throughout the pre-event planning phase to maximize profitability and achieve quarterly goal.Â The completion of quarterly SMART plan will be required to assist with goal achievement and upselling.Â
- Assist in executing the expectations of the client as outlined in the EO.
- Handle any challenges or concerns immediately.Â Function as the on-site contact to client for all aspects of their events.
- Generate thank you notes and service evaluations for all group clients serviced by the Event Services Manager in conjunction with the Sales and/or Catering Sales Manager.
- Greet all clients (in rotation with MOD and other managers for rooms only groups) as they arrive at the hotel to ensure that they have all required items.
- Participate in weekly operations meetings to communicate the upcoming groups needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Knowledge of CI/TY or Delphi, including merging menus, blocking function space and creating BEOâ€™s.
- Knowledge of staffing guidelines/requirements to set-up, turn and break-down function spaces.Â
- Knowledgeable of Top Accounts for the Hotel.
- Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- No direct reports
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Property Banquet Team
- Property Rooms Division
- Property F&B Team
Work Environment / Conditions
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title â€“ required
- Previous event planning experience “ required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets â€“ preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.