Franchised Assistant Front Office Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001GXC
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Houston Downtown, Houston, Texas VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Superstar Assistant Front Office Managers needed to respond
- You have a burning desire to succeed, are extremely client oriented, highly disciplined and never say die.
- You lead your team for success and you mentor them for growth.
- You believe you can be the best at almost everything you do and can prove it.
- You must be able to work evenings.
- Excellent salary and bonus structure and full benefits, and great opportunity for upward mobility.
- We don't hire backgrounds, we hire top producers.
- A Pearl Assistant Front Office Manager reports directly to the Front Office Manager and is responsible for creating leaders and fostering the Pearl culture within the Front Office department for Pearl Hospitality. A Pearl Assistant Front Office Manager must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for the successful operation and administration of the Front Office and coordination and organization of the overall hotel. The Assistant Front Office Manager must ensure that all hotel aspects are continually balanced, while focusing on providing exceptional customer satisfaction by continually training on our Pearl touch points of the hotel and ensuring associate focus on our touch points at all times. All hotel operations must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy. The Assistant Front Office Manager must drive results through effective training, coaching, leading, motivating, empowering and following through with all the associates. The Assistant Front Office Manager must ensure maximization of profitability by controlling expenses and yielding the highest RevPar possible. The Assistant Front Office Manager must ensure that our associates and our customers are treated with the utmost respect at all times since they are the key to our success.
Hospitality Experience required.
Responsibilities - (not limited to)
- Foster the Pearl culture
- Passion and commitment to the business at an ownership level
- Oversee Guest Services to inspire loyalty and maximize profitability
- Participate in community and industry organizations as the hotel representative
- Manage guest relations in the most positive and effective manner
- Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as Pearl standards and procedures
- Ensure that all department associates maintain hotel cleanliness, maintenance and asset management
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Conduct Pearl required daily and weekly meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Train department associates to deliver the highest performance
- Timely execution of associate evaluations
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Must be compliant of brand standards and Pearl standards and procedures
- Must be able to analyze monthly P&L for ongoing control of expenses and maximization of revenue
- Train all personnel to deliver the best product at the highest brand and procedural standards
- Proactively monitor guest satisfaction and effectively increase scores in each area
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve issues to maintain high guest satisfaction
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
- Effectively create a weekly schedule that reflects the occupancy for effective cost control
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Must comply with security controls for cash and shift drops
- Assists Front Desk as needed with unresolved issues which arise and takes a hands-on approach
- Reviews pass-on log and security log for issues which need action
- Performs the function of "manager on duty" and is the first point of contact for any issues that arise
- Continuously evaluates the work performance of Front Desk Staff and provides ongoing coaching
- Operational knowledge of reservation and national sales process
- Ensure approved uniforms are being worn at all times with nametags
- Must maintain a safe working environment through ongoing compliance of safety guidelines
- Treat guests, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Ensure emergency procedures are understood by all through ongoing training and documentation
- Must be able to coach and counsel and provide clear and concise direction
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the associates
This company is an equal opportunity employer.