Franchised Area Director of Sales and Catering
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001GX8
Job Category Event Management
Location Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, Savannah, Georgia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at www.kesslercollection.com/careers
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The overall objective and purpose of the Area Director of Sales & Catering position is to oversee the Catering & Sales Department in accordance with Hotel standards. The incumbent is responsible for leading the team in optimizing revenue opportunities for the assigned hotels within the collection. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the outlets in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Planning and overseeing the sales effort of the assigned hotels, specifically the achievement of targeted hotel and catering revenues and sales mix.
- Direct and manage all sales training, yearly sales targets, sales quotas, the incentive plan and all other corporate and hotel learning required to maintain the most effective sales professionals in the market.
- Evaluate and initiate opportunities for developing new sources of business in all market segments and thereby broaden the account base.
- Provide overall direction, leadership, training and development to the Sales and Catering teams.
- Prepare the annual hotel Group and Catering revenue budgets and forecasts.
- Participate in sites and industry trade shows.
- Monitor the Revenue pace of Sales and Catering and lead the teams to sell into those periods that require increased pace.
- Formulate the Sales Travel plan for the year identifying travel needs based on Feeder Markets and developing segments.
- Direct, organize and supervise departmental activities including, but not limited to, telemarketing, prospecting and qualifying potential leads, soliciting viable leads, and preparing and presenting written proposals/contracts and oral presentations.
- Direct and develop team members performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, coaching and counseling and timely evaluations, improving performance and delivering recognition and reward.
- Assist in compiling sales forecasts, collecting and reporting sales data and managing the departmental budget.
- Oversees the optimization and use of the many Sales systems offered via the Collection and Brand.
- Develop and target lists and action plans for account solicitation, assist in assignment and distribution of leads and inquiries and assist in the approval of file turnovers.
- Direct maintenance of sales files, accounts and additional administrative duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Knowledge of CI/TY or Delphi, including merging menus, blocking function space and creating BEOs.
- Knowledge of staffing guidelines/requirements to set-up, turn and break-down function spaces.Â
- Knowledgeable of Top Accounts for the Hotel.
- Ability to create, implement and analyze manual and automated reports.
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations.
- Knowledge of revenue forecasting and variance preparation.
- Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Director of Sales & Catering
- Property Sales Team
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Corporate Sales Team
- Corporate Revenue Management Team
- Director of Sales & Catering
- General Manager
Work Environment / Conditions
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
- Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree required
- Hospitality Management degree preferred
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title required
- Experience with revenue management and sales required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.