Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001GWM
Job Category Owner Services
Location Aloft Rogers-Bentonville, Rogers, Arkansas VIEW ON MAP
Brand Aloft Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Phoenix American Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
At PAH Management, the General Manager is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales, conduct an 8 a.m. daily PAH meeting focusing on the number of prospecting and existing account calls each person will make and the potential business results of these calls.
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts, including calling on top ten accounts, meeting clients, hosting luncheons and receptions, and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Tour the operating departments daily, making adjustments as needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions presented by managers and self using the steps to effective training according to PAH Managements standards, and the review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers, M.I.D.'s and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels and PAH standard checkbook accounting procedures.
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of management trainees.
- Adhere to all PAH policies and procedures and train new managers to ensure compliance.
- Oversee and assist in the PAH budget process as required.
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training according to PAH standards.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest, through employee development and motivation.
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P process.
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents is received by the Corporate Office monthly, in compliance with the monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests, managers and all other employees.
- Forecast monthly the hotel's financial position, by estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate reforecast.
- Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring procedures according to PAH Management SOPs.
- Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant management position within the hotel prior to any offer being extended.
- Perform all Executive Committee members performance appraisals according to PAH Managements SOPs, and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of performance appraisals to their staff.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all management personnel according to PAH Managements SOPs and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Vice President or Regional Director of Operations.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment according to PAH Managements SOP's.
- Meet clients on the property, including meeting contacts and potential clients touring the property, to assist in the sales effort.
- Be in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
- Ensure procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically with regard to security and monthly safe audits are followed and occur.
- Ensure monthly credit meetings are conducted and take an active role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules, and become certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the property.
- At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6 years of related experience.
- Marriott experience preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.