DIRECTOR OF RESIDENTIAL SERVICES
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001GTG
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The St. Regis Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Interface with residential unit owners, home owners association, hotel owner, and hotel associates as it relates to all residential matters. Work with the hotel operations team and third party service providers to ensure brand experience and service delivery standards are achieved. Oversee condo cost allocation, budget development and compliance. Ensure all Residential Association Management Agreement (RAMA) contract provisions are managed and that the Operator’s obligations are maintained at all times. Ensure that unit owners comply with all provisions of the governing documents.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 5 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 5 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
20% Serve as liaison with residential unit owners and real estate sales agents on the residential branded services, amenities and facilities. Develop and coordinate operational elements of managing all residential services and programs with General Manager, Director of Operations, Director of Finance, Director of Engineering and other key departments to ensure the operational and financial aspects of these programs are achieved.
10% Develop Owner Administration Handbook and Owner Orientation Program for delivery to all new residents. Coordinate all post closing activities including unit renovation or fit-out approvals, move-in logistics, establishment of utility and service accounts.
25% Manage residential owner relations program by acting as the main contact for any resident owner’s issues or concerns. Coordinate between hotel associates, residential staff and third party service providers to ensure basic and a la carte service offerings are delivered consistent with brand standards, maximize hotel related revenues and satisfy residents’ expectations. Plan and execute resident exclusive events and activities.
20% Collaborate with Home Owner Association Management Company, Hotel Administration, Marriott International Residential Operations team and Legal to ensure that the residential component is fully compliant with all governing documents and (or third party) management agreements. Maintain ongoing enforcement of residential policies and procedures so that they are adhered to by all parties in a consistent fashion. Coordinate with association management company and attend all scheduled general and board meetings.
15% Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, statements and annual association budgets with Director of Finance and association management company. Work directly with each department to ensure timely and accurate billing of operational charges and assessments. Address budget variances on a monthly basis.
10% Establish and maintain maintenance and custodial programs to ensure all residential components are maintained in line with hotel and brand standards. Work with the Director of Engineering and association board of directors to maintain the Capital Reserve Program for proper lifecycle planning and project management.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the direct manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Ensure ongoing alignment with brand standards related to services, amenities and facilities.
• Interface with and ensure effective coordination of all HOA management functions performed by SVO or 3rd party association management company.
• Enforce hotel safety standards.
• Create and implement training guidelines for all residential associates.
• Review and understand all governing documents and association budgets.
• Coordinate necessary residential meetings with hotel operating teams and with residents.
• Ensure operational coordination of residential associates with property specific counterparts.
• Perform other duties and handle projects as assigned by General Manager.
• Professionally represent the hotel in the community and industry as well as with residential owners & tenants.
• Be a leader and role model to all other associates.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. This may include traveling to and from meetings. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with owners, tenants, guests, supervisors and subordinates.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
To summarize, it is not the intention of this Job Description to limit the scope or responsibilities of the above-mentioned, but to highlight the most important aspects of your position. It is essential that all associates are committed to their jobs and the success of the enterprise and maintain a willingness to accept total flexibility of jobs and duties throughout the hotel.