At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
In conjunction with the Director of Sales, this position is responsible for maximizing rooms / F&B / Conference and Banqueting business from a defined account base. Proactively uncovering new prospects for the hotel and maximizing conversion of business in line with Hotels’ budgetary goals. This position requires a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative.
- Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
- Proactively prospecting new accounts for the Hotel and Marriott properties worldwide and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that Standards are maintained and that the system is utilized to its full capacity including the mandatory smart contracting process.
- Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account. To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to Events Teams.
- To attend when required trade and networking events as a representative of Marriott Hotels, ensuring that the quality image of the organization is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotel.
- To take personal responsibility for understanding the Sales Plan of the Hotel and the required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
- To actively support both the Sales Specialists and the Sales coordinator to assist them to carry out their roles effectively.
- Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
- Re-negotiation of SET and LNR agreements within budgetary guidelines of all corporate accounts within agreed time frames. Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client. Ensure property rate sheets are accurate at all times.
- To take responsibility for the compilation and execution of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales action plans as agreed with the Account Director - Groups and Events.
- To arrange and manage familiarization and educational trips in line with business needs.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Sales as Senior Sales Specialist/Assistant Sales Manager in hotel industry is required;
- Must have a valid UAE driving license and a car.
We do expect that you do have the experiences/ behaviors below. You:
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with other departments;
- Embrace and value operational guidelines and brand standards;
- Possess superior analytical skills;
- Have the ability to plan and prioritize in order to achieve deadlines;
- Have the awareness of maximizing the returns to all stakeholders;
- Enjoy working in a team setting;
- Build lasting relationships with internal and external customers;
- Have immaculate personal presentation (e.g. grooming and conversational ability);
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills and analysis of issues and trends, in order to develop and apply appropriate strategies;
- Have knowledge of hotel computer systems and other IT related applications;
Bachelor degree required, additional education in sales and marketing fields preferred
PHYSICAL CONDITION REQUIRED FOR YOUR ROLE
- This job often requires standing or walking for extended periods of time;
- This job often requires bending, reaching or lifting;
- This job requires operating computers and computerized equipment.
- This job may require you to work on holidays and/ or weekends;
- This job often requires extended hours beyond a typical work week;
- This job requires you to conform to a conservative, formal grooming, attire and jewelry policy that will be monitored on a regular basis and may be addressed as seen fit by your manager;
- Sheraton Grand Hotel has a very strong commitment to safety and requires that you follow safety procedures closely;
- Our hotel has a no-tolerance policy regarding unlawful discrimination and harassment, and requires that you follow our anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies.