Spa Cleaning Supervisor
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001GI5
Job Category Spa
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Maintaining and supervise an efficient cleaning and servicing operation to spa, pool, health club and service areas as allocated. To make sure that all areas are well maintained as per the Marriott standards.
To train and develop the other Spa Cleaner associates.
To obtained the highest possible and balanced Brand Standard audit certification and departmental productivity.
Responsible for linen inventory and associate payroll.
Purchase requisition of department and follow up on LPO delivery with suppliers. Check book update.
Handling spa receptionist at spa counter, pool counter and spa kiosk.
Maintenance issues reporting to engineering department.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports -7
- Titles of Direct Reports – Attendants
- Minimum 3years of experience as a supervisor in Hotels
Ability to interact with different cultures
Ability to balance department guests and associates needs
Good oral and written communication skills in English
Minimum HSLC qualification
Previous experience in housekeeping or preferably Spa
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
- To be changed and ready for work at appointed time as shown on Rota. Ensuring your uniform and badges are worn as to Hotel Standard. If you are sick, ring in before duty commences and speak to the Director/ Supervisor.
- To sign for any keys you may have and to be responsible for that key during your shift. Never loan your key to anyone, even a work colleague. Return and sign key back in before leaving the hotel.
- To conduct departmental opening up / closing down procedures according to shift allocation.
- To systematically check all spa, pool and health club areas to ensure they have been cleaned and serviced to brand standards
- To supervise the work of the spa cleaner providing assistance and support and taking corrective measures should the standard of work deviate from the Hotel standards
- To ensure any V.I.P or special requirements are provided and are ready for guests on arrival.
- To make sure that you carry out the day briefing and the 15 minutes training with all spa associates.
- The co-ordination of training and orientation of your team members. Maintaining training records and updating accordingly and assisting in the measuring of Hotel standards
- Report and follow up on all maintenance requests on a daily basis.
- Conduct the correct hand over procedure for each shift
- To assist in Inventories.
- To attend or hold training sessions when required
- To hold team meetings and produce an action plan for the director and ensure these are followed up.
- To carry out your teams 1;1 meetings and staff appraisals
- To assist in building and maintaining an efficient team of staff by taking an active interests in their welfare health safety training and development.
- To assist in maintaining discipline within department.
- To ensure all departmental practices and procedures to be confident in their implementation and assist in the necessary modification of any as requested
- To supervise the deep cleaning of all spa, pool and health club areas etc.
- To ensure all requests from guests are carried out.
- On completion of the shift ensure that all rooms are locked clean and tidy and that corridors are clean and tidy
- To ensure all trolleys are tidy at the end of the day and that the worksheets for staff have been signed if any.
- To maintain a smooth working relationship with associates of other departments
- To ensure that all spa cleaner hand over all lost property as soon as it is found and that it is recorded according to the hotel standard
- To be fully conversant with standard cleaning procedures and the correct usage and dosage of each cleaning chemical. To be aware of and adhere to, Health and safety Regulations and to ensure that these are complied with at all times.
- To report to concern department any maintenance faults or hazards in public area, corridor or equipment immediately.
- To report to concern department any damaged fixtures and fitting which needs replacements.
- To ensure all department equipment, service rooms and store cupboards are maintained at the required standard and are left clean, tidy and locked at the end of each shift.
- To follow the correct procedure for the storage and recording of lost property.
- To be aware of all current Company and Departmental Policies and Procedures. Ensuring that these are adhered to at all times.
- To attend all Statutory Training, Job Training Sessions and Communication Meetings.
- Attends meetings and training sessions/ courses that may be beneficial to you and your department on request from your director.
- To be aware of and carry out all Hotel Security.
- To report any suspicious person(s) or packages immediately to the duty manager.
- To be aware of the Health, Safety and Hygiene Regulations at work
- To take correct action in the event of a fire. Demonstrates a working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that staff follow the hotel evacuation procedures on hearing the alarm
- To maintain a cheerful and polite attitude to our guests and colleagues at all times and to use the guests name if known.
- To ensure any guest complaints are investigated and rectified to the guest’s satisfaction immediately. Any serious complaints should be referred to the Director for her attention.
- Co - operate and communicate with your associates, supervisors and management to ensure effective team work and high morale
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.