Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001GFF
Job Category Event Management
Location Le Méridien Dahab Resort, Dahab, Egypt VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in providing high quality service based on requirements and standards. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event. Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests, catering and kitchen staff.
• Maintains a professional and pleasant demeanor when interacting with guests.
• Develops a unique and creative experience for guests.
Managing and Coordinating Banquet Operations and Staff
• Ensures that meeting rooms are set and equipped properly.
• Maintains a professional staff to set up the rooms and assist with evening functions.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Serves as the liaison between the Kitchen, the Conference Services Manager and the Guest.
• Ensures coffee breaks are set on time and with the proper items.
• Ensures evening functions are properly set up and on time.
• Cleans up, accounts, and properly stores food and beverage items at the end of a function.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in catering service, food and wine, P&L, budgets, theme concepts and kitchen operations.
• Manages controllable expenses for department.
• Maintains sanitation levels.
• Reports all maintenance problems to the appropriate persons.
• Assists clients with last minute requests.
• Oversees banquet department and floor operations.
• Maintains a clean, safe, sanitary and neat working area including meeting and storage space within the Conference Services areas.
• Ensures the physical appearance of the meeting rooms is up to current standards and also includes the business center and storage rooms.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Completes performance reviews of staff members.
• Trains and develops banquet captains/assistant Maitre'd and non-management employees.
• Maintains customer service satisfaction in banquets and meetings.