Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001GEZ
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, YTL Hotels & Properties (Manager Europe). The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Our Bartenders are expected to provide first class service at all times, using their knowledge and personality to tailor every experience to be remarkable. Proactive service and a customer orientated sales focus s a necessity, Being ale to adapt all interactions to exceed the expectations of our guests is essential.
- Our aim at The Glasshouse is to provide exceptional service, as a member of the Food & Beverage Team you contribute to the departmentâ€™s success in terms of guest metrics, revenue, as well as cost control. You are expected to treat all of these goals with respect and support your colleagues and supervisors in achieving them.
- Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes using measuring systems. Issue, open and serve wine/champagne bottles. Set up and maintain cleanliness and conditions of bar, bar unit, tables, and other tools. Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks. Stock ice, glassware and paper supplies. Transport supplies to bar set-up area. Wash soiled glassware. Remove soled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area. Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs, process all payment methods. Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank. Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas. Complete closing duties.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guestsâ€™ service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure
- adherence to quality expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below knees, including bending, twisting and pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- All staff must be conversant with the safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures and to adhere to them. They must understand their H&S responsibilities. They must take reasonable steps to ensure their own health and safety, and that of anyone else who may be affected by their actions. Any accident, hazard, incident, event or issue is to be reported to supervisor/manager for recording and for investigation thus permitting further control measures to be implemented. Any safety issues that cannot be dealt with are referred to a senior manager for action. Ensure that they and any of their staff are trained in their working activities and informed of health and safety procedures to ensure competency. Any identified training is duly completed. They should inform their manager/supervisor of any event / activity which they are not trained to deal with. When the fire alarm goes, you have some responsibility to help others in the area you are working. Direct people to come with you as you leave by the nearest exit and ensure that they and others move away from the building.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way)
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
General Food and Beverage Services
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (e.g., TIPs (Training for Intervention Procedures), CARE (Control Alcohol Risks Effectively)).
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Assist your and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Report any employee, guest, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management and Loss Prevention at the time of the incident and/or accident.
- Assists Management
- Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
- Greeting and Seating
- Thank every guest upon departure, invite them to return, and wish them a fond farewell.
- Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
- Follow property control audit standards and cash handling procedures (e.g., blind drops).
- Transport bank to/from assigned workstation, following security procedures.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining change required for expected business level, and keeping bank secure at all times.
- Process all payment methods in accordance with Accounting procedures and policies.
- Follow all state and local laws for serving alcohol responsibly (e.g., last call times).
- Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes using measuring systems.
- Maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit (CO2 lines, soda tanks, soda guns, drain, etc.), tables, and other tools, following all set-up guidelines.
- Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks.
- Document and communicate any incidents/accidents immediately to management and Loss Prevention during shift or event.
- Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies.
- Requisition all necessary supplies, specifically bottle-for-bottle liquor restock, transporting supplies from storeroom to bar set-up area as required.
- Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area.
- Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs promptly, ensuring no shortages throughout scheduled function time, and ensuring proper authorization for additional payments as required prior to replenishing.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.