Franchised Director of Catering Sales
Syracuse, New York
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001FYV
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott Syracuse Downtown, Syracuse, New York VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - mailto:email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Crescent Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Tour and inspect banquet and meeting space on a daily basis, reporting necessary repairs.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Schedule and assign in detail, specific duties to all associates under supervision for the efficient operation of the Catering Department, coverage of functions in accordance with productivity standards.
- Solicit new accounts and review previous banquet files to generate business. Oversee service of group functions once they are in house.
- Write banquet menus, memos, and send out amenities for VIP Guests. Review and revise Catering Department, weekly events sheets and banquet event orders. Formulate and make revisions to annual and monthly forecasts.
- Negotiate, prepare and write contracts and enter information into the automated sales system.
- Create special themes and menus.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in hotel sales and/or catering, including at least one year of supervisory experience.
- A strong command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Brand experience preferred.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to pitch-in and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors. Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.