Franchised Catering Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001FDH
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, Aventura, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at :
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Turnberry Associates. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Catering Sales Manager (CSM) will report to the Director of Catering & Events. His/her primary role will focus on generating local corporate day business, membership driven private events and holiday parties, through traditional social bookings (i.e. weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, golf tournaments, reunions and others) may also be targeted. Responsible for maximizing revenues while controlling expenses, act as a liaison between client and operating departments, to ensure a successful event and secure future business/referrals.
- Hospitality Management degree or equivalent; or minimum of 3 year experience in up-scale hotel catering/conference planning with an emphasis on sales/revenue generation.
- Reading/writing/spoken English fluency required; bi/multi-lingual candidates preferred.
- Possess a thorough knowledge/understanding of the luxury hotel/catering market.
- Ability to work sometimes long/flexible hours as required.
- Knowledgeable of regional/religious cuisines, customs and traditions.
- Knowledgeable of general menu costing parameters and profitability.
- Effectively communicate; both verbally and in writing; listen, understand,and clarify any concerns/issues raised by colleagues, clients and/or guests.
- Anticipate/identify potentially difficult situations and respond quickly with an effective solution (proactive).
- Be knowledgeable, resourceful, flexible, creative and helpful to clients throughout the sales process.
- Understand and be able to interpret financial information and data.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Meeting Matrix. Marriott CI-TY knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledgeable of and adherence to all state/municipal laws/regulations pertaining to responsible alcohol service, food handling and fire safety.
- Possess or attain CMP/CSEP and/or Wedding certification.
- Responsible for attending Department, and relevant meetings on a regular basis.
- Stay networked by joining/participating in one or more professional organizations.
- Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections, off-site presentations and menu tastings as required.
- Produce monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
- Confirm electrical, internet, telecommunications, audio-visual, and exhibit/registration requirements based on discussions with the client.
- Stay current on catering/special event trends.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate data in all operating software to ensure greatest forecasting/reporting accuracy, initiate billing procedures,ensure deposit(s) and/or credit applications are received with adequate information and processes in a timely manner.
Skills and Abilities
- Meet/exceed all quarterly/annual sales goals as assigned, monitor and handle inquiry calls, emails and â€œwalk-insâ€ and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Accurately produce/review all Catering contracts. Communicate all subsequent changes in a timely manner through established procedures and/or verbal communication, and ability to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.