Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001FC9
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Melbourne Hotel, Melbourne, Victoria VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi Find Your World.™
Sheraton Melbourne Hotel is located on Little Collins Street between Spring Street and Exhibition Street, also referred to as the "Paris End" owing to its Art Nouveau architecture, leafy surrounds and proximity to the city's most chic dining and shopping experiences. The hotel is located within the 31 storey "wavilinear" building which features 174 deluxe guest rooms and luxury suites. Hotel facilities include an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness centre, a spa with 5 dedicated treatment rooms, one all day dining restaurant, lobby lounge bar and a rooftop terrace bar. The hotel also features 669 square metres of meetings and banquet space over 6 flexible rooms.
The Concierge department is responsible for the smooth coordination and supervision of the guest arrival and departure experience, and acts as welcome and farewell representatives of the Hotel.
The Chief Concierge will be required to provide detailed and accurate information to guests and other departments on a wide variety of services and facilities, both within and outside the hotel. The successful candidate will be required to lead, coach and inspire a team of Doorpersons, Concierge and Bell Attendants and be responsible for the department’s performance. Ensuring all guests’ needs, queries and problems are anticipated and resolved, you will help promote and sell hotel facilities. You will be required to maintain hotel service standards and report directly to the EAM – Rooms Division.
At times, the Chief Concierge will be required to oversee the entire Front Office in the absence of a Guest Services Manager, including their day-to-day responsibilities
· The ideal candidate will possess experience in a similar role and is looking to further develop their career and become part of the growing Marriott family in Melbourne
· With a positive demeanour, the successful candidate will have proven experience in leading a team and have the ability to lead by example
· Able to demonstrate initiative, you will hold advanced communication, organisational and problem solving skills
· With a passion for customer service, you will have an in-depth knowledge of the Melbourne CBD and surrounding areas
· All candidates must have the flexibility to work on a 7 day rotating roster, including public holidays and weekends
· Candidates must hold a valid manual drivers’ license.
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a vibrant and growing company. In return for your commitment and passion to succeed, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly motivated team and receive excellent benefits including:
· Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, family and friends across all Marriott properties worldwide
· Spa treatment discounts at our luxurious The Spa at Sheraton Melbourne
· Associate recognition programs
· Discount CBD parking
· World class training programs
· Strategic career development opportunities
Working for Sheraton is so much more than just a job – it’s a lifestyle. Come and join us!Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.