Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001EZD
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
To inspect, repair, and maintain HVAC, air quality control, and refrigeration equipment. Maintain and conduct daily inspections of the mechanical plant. Monitor and control property temperatures. Monitor and analyze energy and utilities usage. Calibrate all controls, gauges, meters, and other HVAC ancillary equipment. Assemble, install, and maintain pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, etc relating to HVAC systems and Equipment.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports –
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience
- Ability to Read and follow blueprints / schematics
- Ability to assemble, install, test and troubleshoot HVAC equipment
- Good understanding of HVAC Code (both local and ASHRAE)
- Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC Tools and Instrumentation
- Knowledge of Lock/Tag Out Protocol, OSHA and other HVAC safety procedures
- Understanding of maintenance inventory and requisition of parts and supplies as needed.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Minimum Technical, Trade or Vocational Certificate/Diploma or equivalent
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Inspect, repair, and maintain HVAC, air quality control, and refrigeration equipment (e.g., boilers, chillers, and air handling units/controls), including charging refrigeration systems, replacing air filters, and cleaning coils.
- Test and record boiler, condenser, and open/closed loop systems water quality and take any necessary corrective action such as adding chemicals to prevent corrosion and harmful deposits
- Activate valves to maintain required amounts of water in boilers, to adjust supplies of combustion air, and to control the flow of fuel into burners
- Carry out minor Plumbing & Mechanical works for HVAC systems & Equipment, as required
- Monitor and inspect HVAC Plant/Equipment, BMS computer terminals & outstations, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions, and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely
- Maintain engineering area is safe, kept clean and in an orderly manner. Keep close coordination with other engineering staff for smooth operation.
- Participate in departmental meetings and training etc.
- Assist in energy conservation programme, follow up with banquet staff to save electricity and air conditioning when meetings are over.
- Comply with hotel and corporate LSOP’s and SOP’s.
- To attend all safety and fire training and adhere to safety instructions at work to prevent any accidents.
- Document all work performed and any spares used.
- Serve as an active member of hotel emergency response team.
- Carry out any requests asked of you by your immediate supervisor.
- Take active role in the TQM process.
- To ensure that you maintain a high level of hospitality and guest concern. Practice at all times “Empowerment” and do whatever it takes to satisfy the guest.
- Accident prevention and safety to be aware of all existing departmental job safety analysis and to strive to work in an accident free manner and to create a safe working environment for himself and for others.
- Maintain high standard of GSS and Brand standard for guest rooms and related areas.
- To carry out other job assignments given by DOE or designate, as business demands.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- The physical ability to stand and or walk frequently.
- The physical ability to climb on a ladder or scaffolding to heights in excess of 10’, balance, and work above the shoulder frequently.
- The physical ability to occasionally bend/stoop, kneel, crouch, and squat in order to operate and maintain the Plant and Equipment.
- The physical ability to use both hands for frequent grasping and occasional fine manipulation
- The physical ability to frequently carry up to 50 pounds of weight distances of up to 600 feet; and to frequently lift up to 50 pounds of weight from the floor to above the shoulders.
- The physical ability to occasionally push and pull various items, such as equipment, tools etc.
- The physical ability to work at heights for extended periods of time and to tolerate required personal protective equipment such as steel toed shoes, work gloves, safety glasses, ear protection, dust masks, safety belts and safety shoes on a continuous basis.