Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001EYI
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Courtyard Cleveland Beachwood, Beechwood, Ohio VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://careers.hvmg.com/jobs/1196826-general-manager
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hospitality Ventures, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Why You Want to Work for Us...
HVMG is a growing property ownership and management company with opportunities for development and advancement for Excellent individuals.
Why you will enjoy this job
This is a great opportunity for a high energy, hands on General Manager. You will have the opportunity to use your excellent relationship building skills, being an active member of the local community and drive exceptional results!
Who Will this Job Appeal To?
- Ability to manage up, drive and lead a team of Excellent associates.
- Local market knowledge experience preferred.
- Proven track record of revenue, market share and GSS improvements/results.
- An individual who enjoys working at a property that has been well maintained.
- Individuals who enjoy working at a property that develops people for promotion.
- People who enjoy working at a property that takes an active role in the community.
- Someone who wants to join a progressive company.
- Someone who is creative while being profit driven.
- The Ideal Candidate for this Position
- The ideal candidate is an a hands on General Manager with an established and consistent track record of high performance in RevPAR index, margin and guest satisfaction improvement. They will thrive in an environment of autonomy where they will run the hotel as if it is their own business
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Requires a minimum of 5 plus of leadership experience in a hotel environment. (including General Manager).
- Must have similar brand experience.
- Must be able to lead Revenue and Sales disciplines.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Experience managing and completing hotel Accounting & HR responsibilities.
- Track record improving yield and building volume.
- Track record driving and meeting GSS.
- Consistently exceed revenue and guest expectations.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- Provide leadership to the departments to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Communicate the goals and objectives and inspire associates to achieve those goals.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and associates.
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
- Demonstrate team building experience and lead by example.
- Participative management style.
- Proven successful leadership experience.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
- Experience training associates.
- Instill a guest service attitude in all associates with a "can-do" attitude.
- Coach associates how to resolve and deescalate conflicts.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Work with limited support.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient knowledge of computers in order to complete essential job functions successfuly.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Exceptional detail in follow-up.
- Excellent budgetary, projections, and cost control skills.
- Ability to produce consistent profits.
- Follow/enforce company policies and procedures.
- Resolve problems.
- Assume responsibility/accountability.
- Thorough understanding of HR requirements and regulatory agency requirements.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Forecasting skills.
- Solid skills selling and negotiating programs/projects.
- Consistently call on new customers and develop new business.
- Involved with local community to develop business.
- Juggle and balance needs of company and owner.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.