Franchised Human Resources Generalist
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001EY6
Job Category Human Resources
Location The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, Ka'anapali, Lahaina, Hawaii VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.vistana.com/careers
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Interval Leisure Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Support the Assistant Director of Human Resources by coordinating and leading the efforts of the human resources team in the day to day operation. Major areas of accountability include recruitment efforts, wage and salary administration, facilitation of the on-boarding process, assisting with benefit questions, maintenance of a confidential, accurate and organized filing system, training, infusing the brand culture with the Spirit of Aloha and employee relations. Be the ambassador to build stronger community relations via restoration efforts and partnering with local organizations.
AVERAGE OF TIME
- 60% Support day to day process in human resources and assist the Complex Director of Human Resources and Assistant Director of Human Resources in implementing hotel strategy. Maintain and administer employment, wage and salary, payroll, benefits, ADA, LOA, incentive programs and community outreach programs. Schedule screening interviews, drug testing appointments and complete new hire processing paperwork and on-boarding requirements with new hires.
- 20% Maintain, facilitate and coordinate resort and company training programs for specific skills training. Lead and train associates to maintain branded service standards. Provide and maintain resort-wide communication vehicles and assist in reward and recognition programs.
- 10% Provide direction and assist with coaching and counseling and disciplinary action. Assist in recruitment and interviewing of candidates for all positions.
- 10% Maintain resorts human resources information system so as to provide accurate employee records that comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Manage termination process and unemployment compensation. Oversee all employee relations and labor-related matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws, including, but not limited to, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, workers compensation and comparable state and local laws, and general human and civil rights.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Vistana rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Enforce hotel safety standards.
- Perform other duties and handle projects as assigned by Manager.
- Coordinate annual open enrollment activities.
- Prepare job postings and job line announcements as needed to inform internal and external candidates of available positions.
- Answer telephones, resolve employee concerns and advise Director or Assistant Director of Human Resources of any EEO or fairness issues, provide clerical support, etc.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, workers compensation, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, ERISA, and NLRA.
- Working knowledge of wage and salary, employment and benefits administration.
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Two to three years experience in Human Resources related positions. Prior hotel experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
- Not applicable.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Vistana standards.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.