Franchised Sales Manager
Melville, New York
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001EXH
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Melville Marriott Long Island, Melville, New York VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Columbia Sussex Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Columbia Sussex Management LLC, a leading full service Hotel Owner/Operator, is currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Corporate Group Sales Manager to complement our existing energetic team at our Melville Marriott Long Island Hotel.
Our Newly renovated 371 room hotel boasts over 18,500 square feet of flexible meeting space, restaurant and bar, concierge lounge and full pool & fitness facility. Our new team member will have the drive for proactive selling, solicitation along with building / maintaining relationships. Candidates will be utilizing systems of CI-TY, C-vent, Hotel Planner, and Microsoft Office.
The Corporate Group Sales Manager should strive to continually improve guest satisfaction, create new business relationships and exceed company financial goals. This is achieved through such responsibilities as, but not limited to the following :
- Develop & maintain the following segments: Corporate, Business Transient and group market through proposals, phone calls, outside calls and site inspections.
- Move throughout property to conduct site inspections.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Coordinate various departments participation in servicing accounts.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition
- Represent hotel at trade shows with the utmost in professionalism.
- Attend departmental and executive meetings and continually communicate a clear and consistent message regarding the sales team goals to produce desired results, as well as communicate the specifics of your clients needs and preferences prior to their groups arrival to ensure the team exceeds their expectations.
- Qualified candidates should possess at least 3 years of corporate sales experience.
Ideal candidates would possess the following qualities and experience:
- Hotel Sales experience with proven track record of booking business.
- Strong background in selling hotel rooms, F&B, Catering, Meeting Rooms, and thorough knowledge of sales techniques.
- Strong background in Corporate-segment sales, including association, government.
- Ability to maintain consistent verbal and written communication with clients with timely follow through.
- Must be able to work effectively with operations and sales team.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office â€“ specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous hotel sales experience required, Marriott experience a plus.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.