Internship Trainee – Culinary
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001EJE
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, ideally located alongside Dubai’s largest private white sand beach, Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is an iconic destination among the most luxurious of Dubai Beach Resorts. Featuring a classic chic decor with subtle purple accents, our 220 Rooms and suites are designed to stimulate your creativity while offering breath-taking views and outstanding resort facilities will enrich your experience.
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
With 18 F&B outlets across the complex, we have the most dynamic and driven Food and Beverage teams, working towards creating exceptional experiences for our guests. With each F&B concept uniquely positioned, the scope for learnings in both Service and Culinary sections is immense. In the 6 months of Internship, you would be working alongside and supporting a diverse team of experienced professionals from over 50 countries, giving you a good peek into the exciting journey that lies ahead with Marriott Hotels, at the same time learning from the best in the industry.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food.
- Set-up and break down work station. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures and report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Ensure exceptional customer experience by providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction.
- Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
To move into this position you should meet the following requirements:
- Should be a student pursuing Hospitality Management, or a recent graduate looking for industry exposure.
- Basic food handling skills and knowledge is mandatory
- Knowledge of HACCP practices is expected
- Is a good team player and adaptable to situations which require thinking on the feet
- A keen eye for detail and streak of creativity is appreciated
- An enthusiastic approach towards the tasks allotted and learning on the job in general
- Is flexible with working hours and willing to go extra mile when required during busy schedule
- Has good communication, is fluent in English and displays acceptable interpersonal skills.
- Be professional at all times and act with integrity in all aspect of work
- Should be medically fit as per approved certificate to perform designated tasks.