May 15, 2018Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, New South Wales VIEW ON MAPBrand
Sheraton Hotels & ResortsSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton on the Park is seeking a Demi Chef de Partie who shares our passion for delivering an unrivalled level of service to join the busy Culinary Brigade. You will need to be highly motivated in an environment where exceeding the expectations is the minimum standard.
Additionally, it is essential that you wish to work as a part of a team, as this is central to the way that we do business. In return we offer unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits and an environment where your development is our priority.
The key responsibilities of the Demi Chef de Partie include:
- Overseeing the daily communications and operations of key sections in the kitchen
- Ensuring a seamless and efficient kitchen service, focusing on product quality
- Leading and developing the kitchen team through coaching and delegation
- Ensure compliance to Workplace Health and Safety, Hygiene and HACCP standards
- Ensure Supplier quality and cost management strategies are in place
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead by example
- The drive to consistently deliver the very best
- 2-3 years' experience in a similar capacity
- In-depth knowledge of HACCP
- Exceptional culinary expertise coupled with a strong training ability
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.