Welcome Assistant Director
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001DM7
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location W Verbier, Verbier, Bagnes VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
W Verbier is the first alpine escape of W Hotels Worldwide and was honored to be named both Switzerland’s Best Ski Hotel and World’s Best Ski Hotel - 2016 by the reputed World Ski Awards organization.
Perched at 1531 meters and located on the Place Blanche, the heart of the Medran Project, the hotel will be conveniently located next to the main gondola offering immediate access to the 400 kilometers slopes of ski, biking and hiking terrain, ensuring a memorable experience.
Open all year around, W Verbier offers 123 rooms for jet setters seeking extraordinary travel experiences, 6 different bars and restaurants, and the signature AWAY® spa in collaboration with Switzerland’s most famous beauty brand, La Prairie.
Whatever else guests need to amp up their stay, all they need to do is ask. The renowned Whatever/Whenever service team is available to make it happen 24/7.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriottbrands.mi.Find Your World. SM
As "Talent", you represent W lifestyle to our guests. You are the soul behind the brand and you bring it to life. W Talents are as unique as the brand itself and are personally engaged from a lifestyle standpoint to the warm, witty, welcoming environment of the brand.
As Welcome Assistant Director, you report to the Welcome Director.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the operational aspects of the Welcome Office such as customer reception, check-in, and check-out, and assist guests to ensure an incredible experience. You develop, implement, and continually review policies, procedures, practices and standards, and ensure that they are consistently applied.
- Establish daily pre-arrival planning, and stay-personalization process.
- Manage the room inventory to maximize room revenue.
- Implement and develop the objectives of the Welcome Office and Whatever / Whenever team, in accordance with the objectives of the hotel. You train, develop, coach and manage the Talent performance, which reports directly or indirectly to ensure the efficiency of your department in order to maximize Talent satisfaction, productivity, and customer satisfaction. You are involved in performance management, and ensure that the Performance Management Plans are established in accordance with the guidelines.
- Coordinate activities with other departments of the hotel in order to facilitate communication, and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain high visibility to ensure a certain operational fluidity, promote good relations with the public, take corrective actions, and follow the requests and complaints of customers to ensure their satisfaction.
- Be informed of all emergency procedures, promotions of the hotel, know the products and upcoming events. You brief the Talent on these topics, so that all the Welcome Desk and Talent Whatever / Whenever are able to properly inform the customers.
- Guarantee the W standards to which we adhere, achieve the best scores. You reach and maintain good scores Guest Voice, and take the necessary actions.
- Ensure that the new Talents are properly integrated into the department, in particular by putting in place appropriate schedules, checklists and training matrices. You are the guarantor of Talent training for the Brand Standards, or any other policies and procedures.
- Work in close collaboration with the second assistant director of the Welcome, in the direction given by your supervisor.
- Significant experience in front office management in luxury hotels
- Attractiveness for fashion trends
- English and French fluent (written read)
- Advanced computer skills (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Opera PMS)
- Extrovert, you are able to interact with particularly demanding customers
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Adaptable, flexible, and result-oriented
- Strong team spirit
- You attract, and maintain your Talent
- Financial Insight
- Real interest in the worlds of fashion, music, design and fuel.
Due to visa restrictions, only applications from Switzerland and the European Union will be accepted.