Destination Sales Manager
Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001D31
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico, Rio Grande, Puerto Rico VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort will re-open its doors after a $60 million renovation, which includes every guestroom and new exquisite culinary concepts complemented with an extraordinary Iridium Spa. The Resort is the first St. Regis in the Caribbean, introducing the legendary brand’s unparalleled services and amenities to one of the world’s most beautiful destinations. The spectacular 483-acre resort embraces the island’s stunning natural beauty with verdant landscapes, breathtaking ocean views, 2 miles of pristine beach, and two private bird sanctuaries. It is the Caribbean’s first and only certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary and Puerto Rico’s first AAA Five Diamond rated resort, also awarded as a Five Star property by Forbes.
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
The Destination Sales Manager (DSM) works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (i.e. Sales Office, Area Sales, EST) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative. Provides property support by coordinating and executing site inspections/visits for off-property sales managers. Pulls through business and achieves revenue goals for all opportunities booking through the Sales Office. Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Large group sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
s and Marketing Responsibilities
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (i.e. Sales Office, Area Sales, EST) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Pulls through business and achieves revenue goals for all opportunities booking through the Sales Office.
• Up-sells products and services, with the ability to bring the sale to closure.
• Engages in proactive selling of all of facilities (i.e. Spa, Golf, Restaurants) to all of leisure guests as well as group planners.
• Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of group sales promotions.
• Assists with recommendations to Sales Office and Area Sales associates regarding the potential to reallocate function space as needed.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
• Attends and facilitates pre-planning visits to ensure customer communication is consistent.
• Handles event planning aspects prior to the business turning over for business booked in advance (> 3 years out).
• Coordinates and plans all FAM trips and in-market customer events.
• Assists in providing accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
Site it Responsibilities
· Coordinates and executes all group site inspections/visits at the hotel for remote sales offices.
• Partners with account/selling manager to develop creative aspects of site visit.
• Gathers all important customer data from account/selling manager in order to plan appropriately (e.g. customers goals, specific needs, key account info, etc.).
• Greets site clients and escorts overnight guests to their rooms.
• Acts as Personal Concierge to client while on site to help coordinate any special requests.
• Assists with all transportation requests for sites and ensure client is met upon arrival.
• Prepares all sales and operational staff for upcoming site inspections.
• Attends other department stand up meetings to discuss upcoming sites.
• Sets quality standards for all site inspections.
• Responsible for developing group site standards and pricing guidelines in order to control expenses and allow for accurate projecting.
• Understands competitor’s strengths and weaknesses in order to differentiate Marriott from the competition during the site visit.
• Understands the overall market (i.e. competition, economic trends, seasonability, supply and demand, etc.) and implements appropriate sell.
• Provides expert knowledge on local destination (i.e. local attractions, events, etc.).
• Grows business of existing accounts by soliciting them for future open years while onsite.
• Tracks bookings and leads generated from site visits.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Entertains customers by showing them the property and key locations surrounding the property.
• Provides after-hours entertaining for customers.
• Works with Marriott Guestware Program Manager to check for reward member status and any special needs of client.
• Coordinates and delivers amenities and welcome note to guest rooms.
• Ensures timely communication with all relevant remote sales offices.
• Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (i.e. MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy Service Basics).
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.