Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001CY4
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Southampton, Hampshire VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Meon Valley is situated between Southampton and Portsmouth, just a short distance from the M27 motorway in the idyllic Southampton countryside near to Paultons Park, Winchester and more.
At Meon Valley no one day is the same, with an exciting blend of guests and events. Our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, signature grill restaurant and extensive leisure facilities.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To be able to operate the Switchboard and deal with message/enquiries in an efficient manner and to be knowledgeable about voicemail, DDI and Internet Services.
- To be fully conversant with the hotel's layout, facilities, services and tariff in order to maximize conversion of sales opportunities with each guest contact.
- To receive guests on arrival to the standard required by Marriott Brand Standards and ensure that their details are entered on the computer correctly and efficiently.
- To correctly post all transactions on a regular basis to ensure that bills are kept up-to-date and avoid unnecessary rebates.
- Cash handling, - follow the companies cash handling policy ensuring the balance of the front office float, accept cash payments, count safe at shift change.
- To deal with all guest requests and concerns in accordance with the relevant standard operating procedures.
- Use tact and diplomacy when dealing with guest concerns and following correct Guest Response procedures.
- To ensure that night audit and relevant reports are completed correctly and on time, in line with the Company's auditing procedures.
- To operate a proper handover system between shifts in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
- To be knowledgeable about all Marriott Hotel Programmes and promote them, as applicable, to guests/enquiries.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as requested by management.
- To ensure that all tasks carried out comply with standard operational procedures and hotel legal and environmental policies and procedures.
- To use the company vehicle to transport staff to and from the property during the course of your shift. For Health & Safety reasons when there are only two Might Team associates on a shift that taxis are organized to transport staff to and from the property.
- Receive room service orders, prepare and deliver
15. To carry out any other duties such as Duty Management as may be required to ensure the hotel operations are properly maintained to provide total guest satisfaction.