Franchised Director of Housekeeping & Laundry
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001CVO
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location The Alida, Savannah, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Savannah, Georgia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Tribute Portfolio
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Makeready. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
This Department Head position will lead all housekeeping and laundry operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication to the housekeeping and laundry team.
- Provide supervision and direction for all Housekeeping activities of the hotel to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained.
- Provide clear direction in assigning and instructing housekeeping and laundry staff in details of work.
- Plan, organize, and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by hotel, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
- Manage finances of housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies etc. in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department.
- Distribute and delegate work load to guarantee maximum production and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials. Monitor house count and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employees and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with hotel hazard communication program.
- Plan and conduct staff meetings. Attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
- Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, decor, etc. Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of opening projects.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned by the Director of Rooms or GM.
- 23 years previous leadership experience in housekeeping required
- Previous hotel opening experience highly desired
- Previous experience managing in house laundry operations preferred
- Bilingual a plus!
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Self starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to pitch in and help co workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- Knowledge of policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and hotel property.
- Basic mathematical skills to prepare moderately complex calculations for financial reporting. Supervisory skills to manage entire housekeeping operation.
- Ability to deal effectively with employees, vendors, contractors.
- Ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping services/activities.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.