Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001CUT
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Sheraton Suites Galleria-Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Olshan Hotel Management, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta is interviewing for the Property Controller position. The functions of the Controller includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Maintain control over revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities of the Sheraton Galleria Atlanta by providing direct supervision and training to accounting staff members, as well as, ensuring that all financial record keeping, and reporting functions are accomplished in accordance with company policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Handle all accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll functions for property.
- Preparing and/or reviewing daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports in accordance with reporting calendars and ensuring the accuracy and timely submission of these reports.
- Responsible for accounting computer systems, file data backup, and organization of files.
- Supervision of the processing of biweekly payroll, verifying input to supporting documentation and coordinating electronic transfer of payroll data to processing agency.
- Maintaining control over the record keeping function to include:
- Reconciliation of general ledger account balances and cash account systems.
- Preparation and review of information to be posted to subsidiary and general ledgers.
- Coordinating monthly general ledger closing, journal entry preparation, and distribution of statements.
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded in accordance with accepted accounting principles, internal policies, and procedures.
- Preparation of fiscal budgets and financial forecasts as determined by management.
- Assist Olshan Properties Accounting staff in preparation of all required tax reports including city, county, state, and federal.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings. Conduct a monthly departmental meeting. Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
- Supply support, advice, and recommendations to maintain accounting standards and policies
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the General Manager based upon the particular requirements of the Hotel.
- Associates degree in accounting or finance and any other combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Four year college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a position of accounting responsibility, Profits word experience preferred. Decentralized experience required.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws pertaining to taxes.
- Familiar with hotel internal controls and safeguards.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.