Assistant Manager, Kids Club & Activities
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001CGV
Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Location The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi with The St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi, created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design.
The award-winning St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort is the city’s true beachfront leisure address located just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport and 10 minutes from the city’s bustling downtown.
Assists with managing aspects of the pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep, cleanliness and the operation of cabana units. Provides and models service behavior to guests and employees. Assists with continually striving to improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximizing the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Position works with direct reports to carry out departmental strategies.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting with Recreation Operations
• Supervises and manages employees. Supports day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Monitors quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Supports the management of outside vendors including water sports and scuba.
• Assists with managing group activities including sand painting, bon fires, and team building events.
• Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensures workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Assists with managing the children's program (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
• Assists with managing pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness, and the operation of cabana units.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, provides guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
• Coordinates training activities for employees in department.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.