Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180019R5
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Marriott Columbia Fulton RI(F), Fulton, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Residence Inn
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee,Plamondon Hospitality Partners. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation of hotel property. Successful oversight includes but is not limited to: guest satisfaction, human resources, associate engagement, associate retention, financial performance, sales, revenue generation, and house profit.
- Develop annual hotel budget in collaboration with Director of Hotel Operations.
- Conduct Annual Associate Engagement Survey.
- Role model and coach others to work through the Plamondon corporate mission and declarations.
- Direct leadership by example; serve as an advocate for associates of hotel team.
- Demonstrate leadership skills which motivate and engage staff to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate ability to successfully promote and enforce company
- policies, procedures, ideals and concepts.
- Conduct performance management (annual appraisals) to include Executive Housekeeping, Chief Engineer, Sales, Front Desk and other direct reports.
- Walk the hotel property to ensure public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas meet all standards on a daily basis.
- Ensure ongoing development of managers (e.g. coaching, providing stretch assignments) through weekly documented meetings and documentation.
- Responsible for all associates receiving required training.
- Ensures associate performance appraisals are written, documented, and delivered in a timely fashion based on the associates date of hire.
- Ensure a comprehensive sales, service, and marketing strategy is
- developed and executed in conjunction with Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Manage hotel sales strategy meetings, goals, and sales action plans.
- Manage key account relationships with sales clients and key decision makers in coordination with Sales
- Ensure service programs are in place and executed.
- Overall management responsibility for P&L performance, cost controls, budgeting, revenue optimization, and yield management strategies.
- Manage the relationship with the revenue management office to ensure overall financial health of the hotel property.
- Review weekly reports and the month-end reports from an operational, as well as a financial perspective. Conduct analysis of month-end review for property critique.
- Monitor economic and environmental factors which impact hotel performance; providing recommendations for improvement.
- Provide recommendations for capital improvement programs on an annual basis.
- Ensure current and future financial viability and growth of hotel property through sound and strategic financial management.
- Maintain profit conversion ratios.
- Maintain quality assurance (QA), prepares for audits and conduct self- inspection audits and follow-up inspections to ensure that improvements are made, as necessary.
- Review and follow-up on hotel Guest Voice or related programs/SALT scores and comments.
- Provide timely communication with the Director of Hotel Operations regarding the progress and status of operations as necessary.
- Conduct hotel critique and prepare month-end reviews.
- Partner with revenue manager for rate/value matrix effectiveness.
- Balance inventory and review revenue management daily.
- Monitor hotels adherence to risk management guidelines including
- but not limited to: human resources, general liability insurance, workers compensation, and general liability insurance, in order to
- minimize accidents and legal exposure.
- Develop and maintains strong vendor /supplier relationships,
- negotiating to obtain the best vendor/supplier proposals to purchase equipment or contract for services.
- Manage hotel controllable costs within budgeted guidelines to achieve target Flow-through.
- Manage execution of capital improvements (e.g., renovations, refreshes, signage, etc.)
- Participate in conference calls and keep current on brand and ownership initiatives.
- Prepare for visits (preparing relevant reports) and informing associates.
- Enforces policies and procedures and documents associates when necessary.
- Prepare schedules based on productivity and business need.
- Interview potential applicants, perform reference checks, and extend job offers to qualified applicants to fill vacancies in the housekeeping department.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.