Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001787
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Here’s To Your Journey with JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong.
JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong is one of Marriott International’s 30 renowned hotel brands. As the world’s leading hospitality company, we offer unmatched opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration.
The JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong located at One Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty is currently hiring a Chief Engineering.
It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s finishing each other’s thoughts. Laughing at the same jokes. It’s that moment you feel truly and completely yourself. It’s working with people who treat you like family. At Marriott we know that when you feel at home, you’ll make our guests feel at home. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing and related lodging facilities worldwide. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott. Today, Marriott International has more than 6,100 lodging properties located in the United States and 120 other countries and territories.
JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, the first JW Marriott brand in Asia is situated in the prestigious Pacific Place complex, offering 602 luxurious guestrooms; 8 superb food & beverage venues; dedicated events and meeting services; and leisure facilities. Named Aon Hewitt Best Employer in Hong Kong in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017, we are looking for people who are passionate about providing exceptional guest service to be part of our dynamic team.
- Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection.
- Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
- Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements.
- Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets
- Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
- Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
- Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance program.
- Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
- Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Select and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
- Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
- Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Supervises employee's ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
- Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.