Group & Event Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180016S4
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, ideally located alongside Dubai’s largest private white sand beach, Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is an iconic destination among the most luxurious of Dubai Beach Resorts. Featuring a classic chic decor are subtle purple accents, our 220 Rooms and suites are designed to stimulate your creativity while offering breath-taking views and outstanding resort facilities will enrich your experience.
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
The Events & Groups Sales Team is in charge to sell and plan any kind of functions in the complex. In order to deliver successful events for our clients all team members need to effectively communicate all relevant information to all departments within the hotel and must ensure this information is understood and service is delivered as per our high service standards.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Entering blocks in the system in order to pull proposals and contract, following the standards as set out by management
· Following up and leads and ensuring activities are up to date
· Sales orientated approach when dealing with clients and carrying out site inspections
· Sales Calls/Entertainment as and when required, with a possible minimum of 10 per week once the role is established
· Partaking in organized sales blitz and cold calling days
· Entering group rooming lists and preparing group resume in a timely manner in advance of arrival
· Meet and greet the group leader/organizer while onsite
· Pre/Post group billing
To move into this position you should have:
· More than 2 years’ experience in 5 star environment
· College degree preferred
· Effective communication skills and professional use of the English language
· Experienced in group housing
· Experienced in Marriott sales and catering and related Marriott systems
· Can do attitude