Human Resources Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1800156O
Job Category Human Resources
Location Courtyard San Jose Cupertino, Cupertino, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Provides assistance in the Hourly / non-management hiring process for Marriott Select Brand (MSB) properties in a given market, including community outreach, partnership with recruiting partners, activation of part-time approach, partner with University Relations recruiting manager to ensure hotels have a strong strategy in place for internships. Assists the General Managers at each hotel to ensure positions are filled timely.
Facilitates the initial screening of hourly / non-management applicants, dispositioning of applicants in the applicant tracking system (Global Recruiting System or GRS), and scheduling interviews with hiring managers. Collaborates with recruiting partners to ensure sourcing is appropriate for market, accurate CBOs / GBOs are included in search, and sourcing plan is effective for requisition and market.
In addition, this position will assist with the orientation, training and development of new hires to enable business success.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; experience in human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Lead and Monitor Hiring Process for Hourly / Non-management positions
- Builds relationships with community-based organizations (CBOs), government-based organizations (GBOs) and local high schools.
- Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
- Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
- Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and peers) to recruit candidates for current or future openings.
- Oversees/monitors candidate identification and selection process.
- Provides subject matter expertise to hiring managers regarding selection procedures.
- Collaborates with vendor partners to verify that effective advertisement efforts are being utilized for open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
- Performs specific recruiting-related tasks including but not limited to:
- Conducting initial screens of candidates and progressing or dispositioning candidates as necessary.
- Providing hiring manager with interview materials.
- Conducting internal references checks, as required.
- Recording offer details in GRS.
- Collecting pre-hire check paperwork and initiating pre-hire checks.
- Managing myHR set-up, as needed, for the hire.
Assist in Managing Employee Development
- Collaborates with hiring managers to verify that orientation / on-boarding program is in place for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Verifies employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervise on-going training initiatives and conducts training, when appropriate.
- Verifies coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
- Drives attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs.
Assist in Maintaining Employee Relations
- Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
- Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Verifies that employee issues are referred to the General Manager for resolution.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Assist in Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
- Assists with verifying employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, and are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
- Assists with verifying compliance with procedures for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files and verifies compliance with applicable privacy laws.
- Assists with verifying that medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
- Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook.
- Assists with verifying that all safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, lost and found items, blood borne pathogens, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
- Conducts other duties as assigned by manager.