Franchised Chief Engineer
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180014K1
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Courtyard Long Beach Airport, Long Beach, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kokua Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
- Works with property and regional engineering leadership team to determine how Engineering is performing against budget and highlights areas of concern to leadership.
- Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Administers service contracts to support property needs.
- Ensures fire crew has a complete understanding of all procedures, equipment, and alarms.
- Coaches and supports engineering leadership team to effectively manage controllable expenses (e.g., wages, heat, light, and power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc.).
- Manages and controls heat, light, and power.
- Develops an engineering operating strategy that is aligned with the property/brandâ€™s business strategy.
- Develops and manages Engineering budget.
- Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
- Oversees execution of long-term preventative maintenance and 10-year asset protection plans.
- Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is performing against the budget.
- Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to owners in a proactive manner.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
- Maintaining Engineering StandardsEnsures compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
- Maintains property life safety systems (e.g., firefighting equipment, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems).
- Ensures building and equipment licenses, permits and certifications are current.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets, and payroll progress report.
- Monitors and manages the payroll function.
- Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Participates in the development of department's capital expenditure goals; manages projects as needed.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
- Prepares weekly and period end P&L critiques.
- Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate.
- Reviews and manages controllable expenses such as heat, light, power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, etc.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Utilizes employee feedback and an â€œopen doorâ€ policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Resolves guest problems and complaints.
- Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the engineering operation to communicate daily operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
The ideal candidate for this position
- High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.