S&M-Inventory Manager (Revenue Management)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180013NL
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Al Bustan Palace, A Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Oman, Oman VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Manages rooms and function space inventory and ensures inventory is allocated and restricted properly to maximize revenue and profits. Responsible for building all rates, packages and hotel sales strategy information in the hotel(s)’ inventory systems.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems and proposing solutions.
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic form.
• Creates long range forecast for rooms and catering by segment and updates forecast every period.
• Creates weekly forecast for property operations and staffing purposes.
Managing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
• Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
• Provides inventory management functional expertise to Managers of Lead Evaluation and Revenue Analysis.
• Manages room authorizations, rates and restrictions.
• Manages function space authorizations, restrictions and rental.
• Ensures that the hotel(s) sales strategies are effectively implemented in the reservation system and the inventory system.
• Monitors transient and group inventory daily to ensure straight-line availability and maximization of revenue potential for all brands.
• Communicates brand specific Revenue Management philosophies as they pertain to the brand's Revenue Management System recommended strategies.
• Communicates brand philosophies to property staff and stakeholders.
• Ensures all hotels follow brand strategies that will maintain and/or increase the hotel(s) revenue per available room (RevPAR) and revenue per available square foot (RevPAS).
• Understands the working relationship between sales, reservations and property management systems.
• Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
• Promotes and protects brand equity.
• Participates in quarterly regional reviews.
• Ensures that technical questions relating to reservations and property management systems are escalated to the correct support desk in a timely manner.
• Conducts strategy meetings with stakeholders.
• Ensures compliance and participation in company promotions and eCommerce channels.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.