Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180012DW
Job Category Event Management
Location Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Dorado, Puerto Rico VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Promotes the highest level of service by executing the requirements of events based on standards. Drives customer satisfaction and capitalizes on revenue during the event phase of a function.. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Banquet Operations
• Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
• Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet beverage perpetual inventory.
• Ensures function rooms are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.
• Conducts banquet room function inspections prior to each event to ensure the room is set according to specifications.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet captains and employees.
• Maintains attendance log for banquet employees.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all banquet operation areas.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
• Promotes employee awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
• Projects supply needs and orders supplies for the department (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props, and other service equipment needs).
• Understands the impact Banquet operations has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, BEO, Pre-Cons, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartmental).
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine, and overall event presentation.
• Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Understands the impact event services have on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.