Franchised Area Sales Coordinator
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180011ZX
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocean City, Ocean City, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://rhgcorp.snaphire.com/?job=35497TLNT
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Real Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Purpose for the Position: To act as personal support for the Sales Department. To detail all in-coming functions, maintain room block inventories, and qualify all in-coming sales calls.
- Performs general duties including typing, dictation and answering telephone.
- Audits Sales System (STS, Delphi, et al) for accuracy, space conflicts and space control on behalf of the department director.
- Processes all paper flow in and out of Sales management offices.
- Maintains a filing system of reports and pertinent records.
- Answers/forwards client requests, complaints or questions in a courteous timely manner.
- Receives, opens and sorts all sales department mail daily.
- Sends and receives faxes.
- Makes photocopies.
- Monitors and inventories all office supplies.
- Orders supplies as approved by the Sales Department.
- Attends sales meetings. Types and distributes minutes.
- Assists administrative office staff during periods of absence.
- Contacts managerial and staff personnel for collection of dates, statistics, and reports. Performs follow-up reports or special assignments.
- May compose replies to correspondence based on organizational practice, policies, and procedures at the direction of the Department head.
- May assign and distribute work under general direction to other clerical and office associates.
- Completes projects as determined by the Department head.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Provides professional and courteous guest service at all times.
- Understand the principles relating to the product you are selling.
- Organize your own activities to make the best use of your time.
- Express yourself well when talking to potential buyers and sellers, discuss features of the products and services involved and convince the other person of both your knowledge and integrity.
- Use arithmetic in computing the cost of sale to the customer.
- Maintain enthusiasm and interest throughout all conferences with buyers and sellers.
- Keep accurate records of contacts, sales, and purchases.
- Be available on nights, weekends and holidays.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events.
People: Persuading: Influencing others in favor of a product or service or point of view.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools, objects or materials.
Specific Vocational Preparation: On the job training or essential experience in less responsible jobs over 1 year and including 2 years; Associates or Bachelors degree helpful.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.