Franchised Catering Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180011WA
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Nashville, Nashville, Tennessee VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Turnberry Associates. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Manage and execute the terms of the contract for the group/convention/program as outlined by the Sales Manager and per JW Marriott standards
- Maximize food, beverage and auxiliary revenues by selling menus, themes and experiences/activities
- Communicate all details of assigned groups/conventions/weddings/programs to all departments in a professional, thorough and timely manner by using Convention and Social Group Resumes, Banquet Event Orders and internal correspondence effectively.
- Establish close working relationships with clients and JW Marriott Nashville employees
- Efficiently reserve and utilize function space to maximize revenues while minimizing space consumption
- Facilitate pre-conference meetings with clients and key hotel staff
- Work closely with the client and hotel departments throughout the duration of assigned groups/conventions/programs by being available to assist the client and provide information to hotel departments at the appropriate times
- Maintain a high level of service by continually providing accurate and timely information and feedback to all supporting departments
- Accurately forecast Banquet revenue, covers and average checks based on group assignments
- Conduct pre-planning site meetings and assist in the sales process where required
- Maintain the integrity of Sales & Catering at all times
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- Professional demeanor appropriate for a luxury environment
- 3-5 years of convention/event servicing and catering experience required
- Strong culinary and beverage knowledge and interest
- Knowledge and understanding of the Hotel guest room inventory
- Proven ability to plan and organize events effectively, with an acute sense of detail
- Assertive, professional and positive approach with a proven ability to develop and lead in a team environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Expert working knowledge of Sales & Catering, CI/TY and Social Tables
- Ability to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a busy environment
- Proven leadership and staff development skills with good decision making ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be organized, personable and enthusiastic
- Degree in Hotel / Hospitality Administration from a recognized University/College/Polytechnic Institute preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.