Service Express Supervisor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180011DB
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Key Daily Duties & Responsibilities
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Westin associates always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· To anticipate guest needs, and handle inquiries in a helpful and attentive manner.
· To have a complete knowledge of the hotel product, including room types, rates, relative features and facilities, food and beverage outlets and promotions, spa and Westin Workout room, Programs and Brand Initiatives, extensive Starwood knowledge.
· To take personal responsibility for the service and attitude with which our guest service is being delivered, and ensure it meets the highest standard at all times.
· Take personal responsibility for ensuring all issues pertaining to guest satisfaction are met and that follow up is completed on a timely basis.
· To be proactive and innovative, suggesting alternatives that meet guest needs in enjoying their Westin experience.
· At the start of the shift, check / ensure that all needed equipment (headphones, computers, fax machines) are ready and supplies are sufficient for the day’s operation.
· Immediately respond to guest requests/concerns by coordinating action with the appropriate departments (e.g., Housekeeping, Engineering, IRD, etc.).
· Personally handle questions related to other section operations (e.g., Reception. Cashiering, Housekeeping Services, Engineering, F&B, Spa & Recreation).
· Logs all guest requests received in StarGuest and ensure that all requests are followed up and actioned within the specified time frame, or escalated to the next level of action accordingly until completed.
· Answers inquiries of in-house guests related to hotel services, facilities, promotions and packages, local and international destinations, and local/national history, always ensuring that information provided is complete and accurate.
· Receives sorts and organizes messages (by phone or fax) for guests in accordance with established systems for the task; coordinates immediate delivery.
· Logs all messages received and sent for guests/in-house associates/departments.
· Logs and ensures delivery of wake up calls as requested by guests. Provides personalized wake up calls to VIP guests.
· Ensures pagers are correctly logged in and out of the charging panel before and after use by the holder.
· Assists, when necessary with the installation of additional telephones and facsimile machines in guest rooms, meeting rooms etc.
· Handles all incoming/outgoing calls in a courteous and efficient manner.
· Familiarizes with hotel’s facilities, organization and daily events.
· Takes guest messages and enters into voicemail & computer system accurately.
· Ensures that the daily Guest Courtesy Calls are carried out and logged on the Daily Courtesy Call Report, assisting as necessary to carry out the calls and compile the report.
· Maintains a neat and clean working area.
· Connects in room fax line and assigns fax number when necessary.
· Accurately records all requests for wake-up calls.
· Accurately update all files in the CID system as per the time frame required.
· Familiarizes with various hotel telephones charging system.
· No permission of listening to guest telephone conversation. Severe action will be taken accordingly.
· Respects principles of guest privacy.
· Ensures the good condition of all systems.
· Complies with the hotel’s health, safety and hygiene regulations.
· Performs duties as assigned by managers.
· Ensures familiarity with the names of division and department heads and their office extension numbers.
· Fully conversant with all emergency procedures of the hotel.
· Processes charging as required for operator assisted calls.
· To develop a close and harmonious working relationship with all hotel departments,
· To attend hotel events, daily shift briefings and training to improve professional skills.
· Provide secretarial services and maintains a conducive environment in the Business Centre for guests to conduct business based on the objectives, performance and quality standards established by the hotel.
Safety and Security
§ Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
§ Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
§ Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
§ Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
§ Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
§ Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.