Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180010U9
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Renaissance Samara Hotel, Samara, Russia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Drives innovation and business results for a unique single restaurant (e.g., Third Party vendor, Marriott International (MI) inspired concept, etc.). Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including making artistic contributions. Creates a prominent image for the restaurant and drives business through significant Marketing/Public Relations/Media activities. Oversees the restaurant marketing plan in partnership with the Restaurant General Manager/Manager and Hotel/Brand Marketing teams. Demonstrates affinity for building relationships with a focus on creating exciting and memorable guest experiences. Accountable for achieving financial goals. Participates in training specialty restaurant staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading a restaurant driven by culinary distinction (e.g., Third Party vendor, MI inspired concept, etc.)
• Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including making artistic contributions.
• Supervises restaurant kitchen operations.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for the restaurant.
• Communicates production needs to key personnel.
• Assists in developing daily and seasonal menu items for the restaurant.
• Monitors compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products and correct storage standards.
• Estimates daily restaurant production needs.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to promote the meeting of standards.
• Determines how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
Creating a Prominent Pmage for the Restaurant and Driving Business through Significant Marketing/Public Relations/Media Activities
• Oversees the restaurant marketing plan in partnership with the Restaurant General Manager/Manager and Hotel/Brand Marketing teams.
• Supports on-site/off-site public relations opportunities to promote the restaurant.
• Contributes to restaurant-related social media posts and public event communications.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for events or culinary-related community activities.
• Participates in local networking activities, which are often off property, in support of the restaurant.
Building Relationships with a Focus on Creating Exciting and Memorable Guest Experiences
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Provides services that promote customer satisfaction and retention.
• Monitors quality and standards in order to meet the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs and providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
Achieving Financial Goals
• Responsible for Restaurant-specific Profit & Loss.
• Takes an entrepreneurial approach in partnership with the Restaurant Manager/General Manager to meet financial goals.
• Understands financial opportunities by surveying culinary trends within their market.
• Drives top line revenue opportunities by being actively involved in the sales process.
• Sets and supports achievement of kitchen goals including performance, budget, team, etc.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource and Talent Management Activities
• Participates in recruiting efforts focused on identifying a talent pipeline.
• Participates in high-profile recruiting activities.
• Actively engages in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with appropriate skills.
• Maintains authority over staffing decisions, within corporate policies.
• Prepares monthly labor forecasts and weekly work schedules for all kitchen personnel in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs.
• Adjusts schedules throughout the week to meet business demands.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Participates in training specialty restaurant staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
• Manages employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Advocates employee cross-training to support successful daily operations.
• Uses all available on-the-job training tools for employees.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Monitors and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Facilitates employee understanding of expectations and parameters.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.