Franchised Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180010SO
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Courtyard Boston Marlborough, Marlborough, Massachusetts VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Waterton Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in their assigned market segment. Accountable for prospecting goals and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
Responsible for the direct booking of group rooms for various business clients. Maximize profitability and revenue of the hotel by upselling in order to achieve sales goals.
- Cultivate client partnerships and ensure that all details are communicated and executed for a successful and enjoyable experience for all involved.
- Review sales contracts as well as other key details such as room blocks, cut-off date, special concessions and attrition clauses and validate with clients.
- Monitor and enforce specific deadline dates related to group rooms cut off, BEO requirements and function guarantees.
- Create and distribute group resumes, communicate any changes to appropriate departments and people in a timely manner.
- Recommend enhancements and or upgrades to maximize revenue.
- Engage in site visits and/or other client meetings.
- Confirm payment information.
- Work with the Accounting team to complete the final bill review with client.
- Participate in weekly Sales Meeting, Operations Meeting, BEO Meeting and any other required meetings relevant to role.
- Prepare proposals and/or contracts to advise prospective guests primarily of the hotel meeting space and rate availability. Calculate and quote prices within guidelines for the same.
- Professionally represent the hotel by participating in client and industry functions.
- Continually monitor actions of competitive hotels (product quality improvements, supply changes, pricing strategies, service offerings, etc.).
- Develop and maintain rapport with hotel community and key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the industry.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.