Events Billing Coordinator
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180010HP
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location W London - Leicester Square, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Working with these five unique and well defined London Brands will unlock an outstanding opportunity to build an emotional connection with our guests and create superior service experiences. From the world of entertainment, at W Leicester Square to the world of pure tradition, at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, there is always something new to discover.
· Finance/Accounting/Billing experience preferred but not essential
· Finance or Accountancy qualification preferred
· Impeccable attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills required
· Polished and professional communication skills – verbal and written
· Understanding of Opera programmes would be an advantage
MAIN SCOPE OF ROLE
As a member of the Central London Group & Events team this role is responsible for all group and event related billing across the 5 Marriott Central London properties. Key responsibilities include issuing pro-forma invoices, communicating with clients to ensure all deposits are received within the contracted timeframes, preparation of all invoices post event, ensuring a high standard of accuracy at all times, ensuring all payments are received post event and all accounts are settled. The role is also responsible for processing all group and event related commission claims and awarding any loyalty points (SPG Pro). Further responsibilities include the recording all financial charges, ensuring Marriott systems are updated with the actualised financial information of each event and/or group which takes place across any of the Marriott Central London properties.
The Billing Coordinator must have impeccable attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills to be able to competently deliver all aspects of the role to the expected standard. The ability to multi task and use your initiative are key personal skills required for this role.
Experience in financial accounting and use of Opera are highly desirable but not essential.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible on a daily basis for ensuring all deposits, payments, invoices and Pay Masters are paid and closed in line with Central London standards and timelines.
- Responsible for the creation of all pro-forma invoices, in line with the payment dates as agreed per
· contracts, communication of pro-forma invoices to client and the collection of all deposits.
- Ensure adherence to responsibilities of the booking handover process.
- Responsible for liaising with clients to finalise payment options, coordination of billing applications and advising of credit limits if approved ensuring adherence to all Central London credit policies and procedures and ensure clients are made fully aware of all credit decisions, contract and deposit requirements.
- Responsible a daily basis to review the Daily Summary of Events and Group Summary Forecast and prepare invoices following departure of Events and Groups within 24 hours.
- Preparation of post event invoices ensuring any PO number and the correct invoice address is added to the final invoice. Ensure invoicing meets with the agreed terms & conditions and is prepared within 24 working hours of departure.
- Process all credit card payments through iPay following Marriott standards for Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring credit card details are received securely through Marriott credit card system Electronic Credit Card Authorisation (eCCA).
- Review daily bank statements and post deposits accordingly for all Group and Events for all statuses of the booking cycle.
- Produce Pay Master (PM) weekly reports detailing status of each PM for Groups and Events.
- Attend monthly credit meeting with Group & Events Manager and finance team and highlight any payment issues or concerns.
- Responsible for analysing group and event charges versus the final group room list/recap and Event Order, ensuring all charges have been posted as contracted.
- Responsible for splitting charges as populated through Micros into Opera to illustrate a clear & detailed description of the charge.
- Responsible for ensuring that any revenue that is incorrect is adjusted and the correct revenue transactions and codes are applied.
- Responsible for updating the status of bookings in opera as and when deposits and invoices are settled and closed.
- Ensure close working relationship with the Group & Event, Sales and Planning team to ensure deposits are collected within the agreed time frame and bookings are turned to definite status.
- Ensure close working relationship with Hotel Operation teams to ensure any revenue or invoice queries are addressed in a timely manner.
- To be knowledgeable on SPG Pro and how to award reward points within agreed timeframe after invoice has been settled.
- Responsible for reviewing all commission claim invoices and verifying commission claimed is in line with what was agreed as per contract. Responsibilities also include liaising with clients in regards to commission claim.
- Responsible for liaising with finance to supply a forecast of commission levels on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all events/groups are fully pre-paid one week prior to arrival and monitor cancellation/amendments/No Show charges & ensure that late cancellation charges and no show are posted on PM account.
- Responsible for updating Team Hot with all actualised event/group revenue within 24 hours of departure for all bookings generated via Team Hot.
- Responsible for providing a high level of communication with the finance team in assisting and clearing any unidentified payments.
- Ensure adherence to the EAME Marriott Standards in addition to the Central London Standard Operation Procedure when utilising opera.
- Ensure adherence to all Group & Event administration standards in line with EAME Marriott Standards – including but not limited to updating Teamhot, ISAC and SPG Pro.
- Ensure full and accurate knowledge of any Marriott Global or Divisional Master Service Agreements and Preferred agreements to ensure invoices and commission claims from such accounts are handled accordingly.
- Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
- Contribute to an empowered dynamic environment in which all team members take responsibility for their workload and professional development.
- Convey excellent customer service standards at all times to ensure brand voice is applied in all communications.
- Build strong relationships with the Group & Event, Sales and Planning and Finance teams, ensuring clear communication between all departments. Liaise with each department when necessary ensuring a good level of internal communication is maintained at all time to ensure delivery of excellent guest service as appropriate.
- Prepare reports as required by Marriott, including SIMS, Opera reports, conversion reports and financial revenue plan reporting when applicable.
- Attend daily & weekly Group & Events meetings and other meetings as required.
- Actively participate in the Starvoice Survey process and support action plans to address feedback within the department.
- Perform any duties deemed necessary and reasonable, requested by the Group & Event Supervisors, Group & Events Manager, Metro Market Sales Leader or the London Leadership Team.