Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180010HE
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location VA BeachOceanfront Marriott(F), Virginia Beach, Virginia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Gold Key/PHR Hotels and Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Construction has begun on the 300 room Marriott Oceanfront Hotel in Virginia Beach, VA. This majestic property will be part of the oceanfront Cavalier complex encompassing the recently reopened and reimagined historic Cavalier Hotel (an Autograph Collection property), the luxurious Cavalier Oceanfront Beach Club and the 300 room Full Service Marriott Hotel.
The Director of Hotel Sales will be responsible for the development and implementation of a Sales and Marketing plan that maximizes profitability for the hotel and outstanding quality service for customers. The Director of Sales will develop and execute strategic sales plans through direct sales, marketing, e-commerce channels, public relations and community partnerships. Ideal candidates will have pre-opening experience, Marriott or other full service brand experience, government/corporate/leisure in-market knowledge, and at least 2-3 years experience in a Director of Hotel Sales role. The DOS will work very closely with GM on pre-opening. The Director of Sales will develop and optimize revenue opportunities for all hotel streams through innovative selling techniques and individual style.
- Develop, solicit and close group business for our hotel properties - through direct sales calls and entertainment appointments, lead follow up, trade show attendance and participation in industry events.
- Proven ability to build long term client relationships that translate into appropriate business for owners.
- Strong focus on achieving sales production goals in total room revenues annually.
- Demonstrated ability to create business opportunities and sales, and accurately follow and document the lead cycle for prospect, tentative, definite and lost business, thereby effectively maintaining database of clients.
- Cultivate and maintain strong proactive relationships with our portfolio of hotels and work as an extension of portfolio sales team.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.