Mgr-Human Resources II
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000ZIY
Job Category Human Resources
Location Moxy Osaka Honmachi, Osaka, Osaka-Fu VIEW ON MAP
Brand Moxy Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Assist in daily operations and human resource management to support crew and leadership team.
Support crew during breakfast operation from 09:00 to 12:00 and boost crew and guest engagement Communicate between floor and kitchen crew on potential hygiene downfalls and ensure the overall areas are kept clean and sanitized.
After break, 13:00, the Human Resource Manager to resume with administrative/ human resource related tasks and follow up.
Operational responsibilities, to include but not limited to:
· Familiarization with Marriott Hygiene standards
· Daily Hygiene walk around including kitchen, storage and bar area
· Daily check on temperature records and other Marriott food safety guidelines such as correct labeling, storing and preparation
· Document and share daily findings to senior leadership team for review
· Perform coaching on correct hygiene procedures if necessary and document
· Assist to translate training material and SOPs with regards to Food Safety standards
· Familiarization with Marriott related systems and platforms
· Familiarization quality assurance and audit material
· Filing and storing of important hygiene documents
As a Human Resources Manager, he/she is responsible of recruitment, total compensation, and training and development. Additionally, he/she focuses on delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Recruitment and Hiring Process
· Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
· Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
· Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and peers) to source candidates for current or future openings.
· Oversees/monitors candidate identification and selection process.
· Provides subject matter expertise to property managers regarding selection procedures.
· Partners with vendor partners to ensure effective advertisement efforts are being utilized for open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
· Performs quality control on candidate identification/selection.
Administering and Educating Employee Benefits
· Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment claims; reviews provider reports for accuracy and corrects errors.
· Prepares, audits and distributes unemployment claim activity reports to property management.
· Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented.
· Ensures that department has the available resources on hand to administer employee.
Managing Employee Development
· Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
· Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
· Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervise on-going training initiatives and conducts training, when appropriate.
· Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
· Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs
· Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
Maintaining Employee Relations
· Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
· Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
· Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner
· Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the Director of Human Resources/Multi-Property Director of Human Resources.
· Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct employee accident investigations, as necessary.
· Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
· Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
· Ensures compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.
· Ensures medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
· Facilitates random, reasonable belief and post accident drug testing process (in properties where applicable).
· Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook.
· Ensures all safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, lost and found items, blood borne pathogens, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
· Conducts periodic claims reviews with Regional Claims office to ensure claims are closed in a timely manner and reserve levels are appropriate for open claims.
· Represents Human Resources at the property Safety Committee; helps to identify ways to create awareness of the importance of safety in the workplace and decrease accident frequency and severity.
· Manages Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and manage costs.
· Oversees the selection/non-selection and offers processes to ensure proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection and applicants receive status notifications).
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
o Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and development, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
o Compensation and Benefits - The knowledge of principles, regulatory laws, and application of human resources compensation and benefit methods, including workers compensation and work accident procedures.
o EEO - Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations that affect employment. This includes the ability to administer and monitor Affirmative Action programs and analyzing diversity reports.
o Associate Relations - Knowledge of the broad range of relationships that could impact an employee, employer, or applicant. This includes knowledge of federal and state laws, company policies and practices, and ethical obligations to investigate, evaluate, and recommend an appropriate resolution to an employee or labor relations complaint.
o Recruitment and Hiring - Ability to recruit, interview, and hire qualified candidates. This includes knowledge of best practices for each stage of the selection system.
o Training - The ability to perform training needs assessment analysis, develop training programs, and effectively delivering training modules to employees.
o Payroll - Knowledge of principles and application of human resources hourly and management payroll methods and practices.
o Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.