Cluster Sales Manager - Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000Z24
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Targets group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation. Partners with group/catering counterpart to effectively manage the business opportunity.
Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property that are outside parameters of the Group Sales.
Identifies, qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and each property’s revenue goals. Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions. Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
- Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs. Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
Supports brand’s Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Provides excellent customer service in order to grow share of the account.
Executes and supports the business Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards. Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the property and brand.
Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Group Sales, Market Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
- Utilizes intranet for resources and information. Conducts site inspections.
- Creates contracts as required.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Sales Ability: Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Sales Disposition - Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and outlooks that characterize successful salespersons; exhibiting behavior styles that facilitate adaptation to the demands of the sales role.
- Sales Implementations - Driving and supporting the implementation of sales strategies and systems; seeking and taking appropriate actions on feedback; taking responsibility for implementation success.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.