Demi Chef de Partie
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000Z1N
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
The Demi Chef de Partie is responsible to assist the CDP to prepare and make the required food as per the expectations of excellence, to demonstrate and help to maintain the high level of service that consistently exceeds the expectations of our guests.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports –1-5
- Titles of Direct Reports – Commis 1 / Commis 2 / Commis 3 / Apprentice
Minimum 4 years of culinary experience.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Set up station properly and on time for each service period and make sure that required mis en place is ready on time.
- To monitor stock movement and be responsible for ordering on your section.
- To participate in communicating actively within the department.
- Make sure all food is prepared by recipes designated by the Sous chef / Chef de cuisine.
- Report any change of food quality in the preparation to CDP / Sous chef.
- To ensure knowledge of the products, dishes are maintained and communicated to all involved personnel.
- Be able to work in another area when needed and take part in cross training when directed.
- Actively participate to learn, record and transmit our culinary skills and recipes to junior chefs and apprentices.
- To comply with the chef de cuisine / sous chef by implementing a new menu / dishes and new regulations.
- Keeps over production and food waste to a minimum, in order to reduce food cost expense.
- Report any and all deficiencies in maintenance issue, kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to chef de partie / Sous chef immediately.
- In the absence of the Chef de Partie to take over his/her responsibilities.
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
- Ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards within their respective areas.
- Work together with the Chef de Partie on the challenges, which are highlighted every month in the Hygiene Audit.
- Proper storage of food.
- FIFO (First in first out).
- Make sure that all Standards and Procedures are in place and followed.
- Temperature control.
- Dating and labelling of food items.
- Receiving of food, making sure that everything is according to standard.
- Maintain decoration that is made out of food.
- Apply with the personal and grooming standards of the hotel.
- Cleaning and Sanitation of the kitchen.
- Overtime will be approved on business demands by the Sous Chef/Chef de Cuisine.
- Any violation of the above mentioned rules will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.