Server - Thai Speaker
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000XD5
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Greet and serve the guest in accordance with the JW Marriott’s food and beverage standards. Display aggressive hospitality with both guests and co-workers. Take pride in all facets of the service to include quality, appearance, and cleanliness of self and restaurant. Smile is to be a part of the uniform.
· Minimum of 2-year experience of a similar position within a five star hotel
Skills and Knowledge
· Customer focused
· Good communication skills
· Good team-player
· Minimum lifting 50 lbs.
· Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
· Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
· Exposure to cleaning chemicals
· Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
· Be able to sing as part of the restaurant concept
Education or Certification
· High School Diploma or equivalent
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
· Follow all JW Marriott policies and procedures
· Comply with “clean as you go” policy
· Practice safe work habits at all times
· Report to work on time and in a neat, clean and pressed uniform including name badge, Daily Basics card, pen, pad, bottle opener, lighter and pieces of cork
· Follow self-cashiering procedures
· Report problems immediately to a supervisor
· Set up the restaurant efficiently and accurately, including the tables, bar and anti-pasta/fish counter
· Actively participate in daily stand up briefings and taste panels
· Ensure knowledge of the Basic of the Day and the Food and Beverage Brand Standards, and ensure these are followed
· Handle an assigned station, and leave the floor only after permission from a supervisor
· Take and serve guest orders promptly and according to Brand Standards, sequence of service, and sales dialogue
· Be aware of any 86 items
· Always offer a choice of sparkling or still water
· Check back after two bites of the main course
· Crumb the table after main course or when necessary
· Change the ashtray after two butts and after putting dishes on the table
· Offer a refill when a third of the drink is left
· Clear empty glasses and dishes as necessary
· Serve all beverages in accordance with Brand Standards and Use Records
· Answer any guest questions about the menu items, daily specials and beverages, including knowledge of the ingredients, preparation methods and garnishes. Make appropriate suggestions to suit guest needs and proactively up-sell items.
· Check food before serving it to the guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
· Operate the MICROS and Respak system accurately:
· Ensure accurate and informative punching of orders
· Have any voids or adjustments initialed by a supervisor
· Enter and update the Respak system accurately, without adding unnecessary profiles
· Ensure the prompt bussing of tables once the guest has departed. Ensure all re-setups of tables are clean, stain free and accurate, with special attention to detail.
· Side stations must be clean and organized at all times.
· Do all necessary set-up and side work assigned.
· Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management. This may involve working in or moving to another Food & Beverage outlet.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.