Franchised Front Desk Guest Services Associate
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000W1T
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Grand Residences by Marriott - Mayfair-London, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Marriott Ownership Resorts Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
47 Park Street, Grand Residences by Marriott accommodates members and guests in 49 impeccably appointed one- and two-bedroom apartments located in the heart of Mayfair. Stylish, comfortable and exquisitely finished, these are apartments of rare distinction, the elegant interiors are rich in period detail with many original features offering luxury living. The spacious feel is enhanced by high ceilings and tall windows in keeping with the 20th century Edwardian architecture. It is our home away from home.
We are recruiting for a Front Desk Guest Services Associate to join our Front Office department at 47 Park Street, Grand Residences by Marriott.
- Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail.
- Identify guest reservation needs and determine appropriate room type.
- Verify availability of room type and rate.
- Explain guarantee, special rate, and cancellation policies to callers.
- Accommodate and document special requests.
- Answer questions about property facilities/services and room accommodations.
- Follow sales techniques to maximize revenue.
- Input and access data in the reservation system (MARSHA).
- Indicate special room reservation types (e.g. employee discounts and travel agent inspection rates) by inputting the correct code and rate into the reservation system.
- Follow proper escalation procedures when addressing guest concerns.
- Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls.
- Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, and other requests related to placing or receiving telephone calls.
- Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Log all guest requests or issues into computer, contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Concierge, Housekeeping), and follow up with guest to ensure their request has been met to their satisfaction.
- Provide information to guests about room features, property amenities, and local areas of interest. Assist guests with accessing the internet.
- Take room service orders over the phone.
- Answer questions on menu selections, and check with kitchen staff.
- Answer guest questions or concerns regarding the origin, vintage, and style of various wines.
- Place room service order and record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Notify guests of delays in service delivery.
To review the full job description and to apply please visit https://careers.marriottvacationsworldwide.com/en-US/job/front-desk-guest-services-associate/J3W51N722W92TCRGCBZ
- A warm, welcoming personality, and be able to communicate fluently in spoken and written English
- A positive can do attitude, an good, clear telephone manner and a well-groomed appearance
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to stand for an extended period or for an entire work shift
- Flexibility to work variable shifts, including weekends and bank holidays
- Good computer skills
- Previous experience as a Guest Services Associate or similar role an advantage
- Multi-lingual skills - an advantage
This company is an equal opportunity employer.